• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 teach42

teach42

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 11:01 AM

Ok, I'm doing a chip for a friend. It's been a while since I did my own, so I want to make sure I'm not doing something really stupid. I soldered teh chip in, seemed to go just fine. This is a 2.2 pro btw. I hooked up my computer via parallel cable. I turned the chip off and turned switch four to on. Go into X2BM, click on verify and get 01 and D5. So I fill up all four banks, flash the chip, and have yet to get it to verify. Now, I've read that some people don't get it to verify, so I figure I'll try it anyway. I turn on the chip and I flip up switches three and four to on, which should turn on bank one (I'm installing x2_4977 FWIW). I power up the machine and it just cycles three times and then frags. Does the same for all four banks.

Anyone got any ideas for me? I can't help but think I'm doing something stupid, but this part went so easily for me on my chip and the 2.2 IS slightly different, that I'm wondering if I"m missing something.

Edited by teach42, 04 August 2003 - 11:01 AM.

#2 agent_Techno

agent_Techno

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 01:14 PM

re-solder... you've got a bad connection prolly on the d0

Edited by agent_Techno, 04 August 2003 - 01:16 PM.

#3 WodMan

WodMan

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 01:44 PM

re-solder... you've got a bad connection prolly on the d0

No, the d0 is fine, if the d0 was bad then you would get the M$ bios, not FRAG.

The problem is with the LPC connections, eithter the header pin or wire install will need to be checked.

#4 bigga

bigga

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 04 August 2003 - 02:32 PM

yeah sound like a pin header problem to me

#5 teach42

teach42

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 07:56 PM

Wire install, not header pins. So I'll check the LPC points later tongith and see if they're all good.

BTW, maybe I missed it last time I read through everything and installed my own modchip, but is there a good guide on how to use a multimeter and use it to check your connections? I own one, a hand-me-down but have never used it. Is there a quick and easy gtuide that I wasn't seeing?

And THANK YOU for the replies. Big time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users