6 replies to this topic

#1 tlc

tlc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 01:01 PM

I was wondering if it was possible to setup Kawa-x to store settings per game. That is, I want to play the KOF's and some others in console mode, but the rest in Arcade mode.

Additionally, I have to reconfigure the controls on the Metal Slugs every time when in console mode. Is this possible? Thanks in advance. Great emulator.

#2 sck

sck

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 02:55 PM

if you make changes in metal slug and want to retain them in console mode, this goes for most of the emulators, you must return back to the start screen and exit the game from there. then you won't have to re-do the options that you set.

#3 shadowjin

shadowjin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:All my fears are named Dave.

Posted 04 August 2003 - 03:24 PM

i was wondering that myself....so when it hits the opening screen, it has "saved" onto the harddrive much like a mem card does?

this is really helpful cause if i don't have to set the soft dip every damn time i play, i'll be hella happy.

-jin

#4 sck

sck

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 04:08 PM

What I do when I die in a game in is just keep hitting the button to get the game over scren, then when it says press run/start, I hit start and then I quit from that screen (where it has options and game start, etc). Haven't had any problems losing settings when I exit that way.

#5 tlc

tlc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 01:49 PM

I will try this, but I don't think that this is the problem. My settings for the arcade stuff (blood, language, etc...) sticks fine. It's only the console stuff that doesn't stick. I'll try though. Thanks.

Also, I was also hoping that we might get console or arcade mode based upon game not universal. Because, I like playing console mode for the KOF's, but arcade is okay for Metal Slugs.

#6 mr jones

mr jones

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 02:14 PM

TLC - I don't think there is an option for that. If you choose Console or Arcade, its going to use that setting for all neo geo games.

#7 tlc

tlc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (mr jones @ Aug 5 2003, 04:14 PM)
TLC - I don't think there is an option for that. If you choose Console or Arcade, its going to use that setting for all neo geo games.

Yeah, I was hoping that this might make it into a new version.

Anybody want to buy a KDS Xblaster (check the buy/sell forum)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users