#1 Jsmith

Jsmith

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 03:49 AM

Hi,

MXM was working good for me, but it wasn't broke, so I had to fix it.

I downloaded a bunch of videos and threw them into their game folders, and then renamed them to MXM_SS.WMV. I loaded up MXM, reset the menu cache and rebooted, but now whenever I select games, the program freezes. The clock even stops ticking. I tried resetting the menu cache again, but it's the same deal. No button works, and it just sits there.

Got any advice?

***EDIT***Got one step closer. I switched to a different skin (demo-x). This one actually listed all the games when I selected games. Then, it froze when I hit down to select the next game. Any advice?

***EDIT 2***D'oh. Couldn't repeat that. Next time I loaded it up and selected Games, it froze again even when using demo-x.

***FINAL EDIT***I did it one more time, but this time let it sit for about 10 minutes after it froze, thinking maybe it was just loading the movies into memory or something. When I came back to it (like I said about 10 minutes later), it was making low deep constant buzzing noise. Don't know if that's relavent, but I figured I'd let you know.

***PROBLEM SOLVED EDIT***On a hunch I decided to delete the video file in the first game in my games folder (Brute Force) on the chance that maybe that was causing the problem WOOHOO....It was. I'm not sure why, as it works on my pc, and I downloaded it from either allxboxskins or that preview video thread...but what ever. It works now.

Edited by Jsmith, 05 August 2003 - 04:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users