• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 InspiredPirate

InspiredPirate

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 02:39 AM

I recently swapped my HD for a new 120 Gig WD hard drive and the swap went well. Thanks to all the informative posts and the tutorials.

I have since copied Halo and Max Payne using xbcopy and they seem to play fine, (have only played for short time). The thing is before I swapped my drive I had been more than half way through Halo and now when I launch the game it has no saved characters or anything. It wants to start new like it has never been played.

I copied the E partition over and I see the TDATA and UDATA folders and files with boxplorer. SO what is the deal???

What am I missing the tutorial says to copy the whole folder and I did the whole partition so????

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

#2 bagel5009

bagel5009

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Interests:BANNED
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 18 October 2002 - 03:15 AM

if you go to xemulation.com, in the "xsaves" section, they have halo saved game thats fully complete. hope that helps.

#3 InspiredPirate

InspiredPirate

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 03:30 AM

I went back to check over the E directory. The TDATA seemed to have empty folders mainly and also a TDATA folder in it that went on and on so there was a TDATA subfolder for like 10 times. Now I erased the folders and it will not let me create a UDATA folder it just keeps it in cue. The TDATA is no prob except for the TDATA folder created in itself. What could be going on here??

I am at a loss and I want to better understand the way to swap these saved folders.

#4 s_lipowitz

s_lipowitz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 10:00 PM

When you copied everything back over, did you copy the ENTIRE E: drive?

Also, are you sure your backup of the E: drive was BEFORE you got that far in Halo?

There "super neseted" TDATA folder is fine, I have one of those as well. Can't remember off the top of my head what's at the end of it though.

If you manual deleted the TDATA/UDATA folders, I'd suggest starting over from scratch and copy over the whole partition again. This will help to avoid any possible issues in the future.

#5 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (InspiredPirate @ Oct 18 2002, 02:30 AM)
I went back to check over the E directory. The TDATA seemed to have empty folders mainly and also a TDATA folder in it that went on and on so there was a TDATA subfolder for like 10 times. Now I erased the folders and it will not let me create a UDATA folder it just keeps it in cue. The TDATA is no prob except for the TDATA folder created in itself. What could be going on here??

I am at a loss and I want to better understand the way to swap these saved folders.

Bingo!

This is EXACTLY what happens if you only format the partitions ONCE and/or did not fully zero the drive!

REFORMAT ALL of your partitions again in order then restore everything.

Check your source backup too and make sure there is no folder recusion in it.

I had the same trouble the reformat cured it and restored the save games I had.

#6 _ASIC_

_ASIC_

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (opjose @ Oct 18 2002, 01:20 PM)
This is EXACTLY what happens if you only format the partitions ONCE and/or did not fully zero the drive!

REFORMAT ALL of your partitions again in order then restore everything.

Check your source backup too and make sure there is no folder recusion in it.

I had the same trouble the reformat cured it and restored the save games I had.

Have you tried installing to a non-zeroed HD using either of the latest two evox versions? (The ones that claim zeroing the whole drive is not required)?

That's what I did, with no problems. And the drive was NOT new, so there is no chance that it happened to be all zero's...

I would think that the important part would be that the full file allocation area (beginning of drive) would have to be properly prepared, and I wonder if the earlier evox versions did NOT do this, but the latest do?

What are your thoughts opjose? (Mostly I'm hoping I will not run into that problem and have to redo everything! rolleyes.gif )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users