• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:27 AM

Hi, I've got all the files for the game Dracula-X :
DRACX01.mp3
DRACX02.iso
DRACX03.mp3...DRACX21.mp3
DRACX22.iso

The mp3 are good, the first iso file is working (but without CD sound) on Hugo 2.10 Windows

I tried burning all the 22 files (with the corresponding wav files instead of mp3 of course) in that order with nero but the CD is not working using Magic engine or Hugo (2.00 DOS or 2.10 Win).

I tried to CDDissect this one but it just gave me a CUE file with just one line and a big iso.
I tried the alt method but it doesn't work with Win ME.
I tried Clone CD but it's not working (one line again)

I don't own the real PCE CD.

Could someone send me or just cut and paste a working CUE file for that game (DRACX if possible).

This is not a rom request. I just need the CUE file.

Thanks

#2 vintage_guitar

vintage_guitar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:30 AM

you dont own the CD? then how is it not a rom request?

#3 fosamax

fosamax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:37 AM

Because I don't ask anyone where can I find the iso and the mp3 for the game.
A cue is useless if you don't have those files and I don't ask for those.

I just ask for the CUE file so that I can play the game the way it should be play without experimenting trouble with the sound due to inflating gaps between the audio (or mp3).

Is it more clear that way?

#4 vintage_guitar

vintage_guitar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:42 AM

try looking on emule they have just about anything

#5 hosh

hosh

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 11:07 AM

A pretty good (but certainly not perfect, at least not for me) cue sheet comes with Hu-Go. Look in the root dir, it's called "dracx.cue". Audio will probably not be on sync for you (because it sounds like you have the exact same ISO/MP3 set as me), but it will be playable and certainly enjoyable.

Also, I seem to remember someone saying that PCE games are best burnt with Fireburner, not Nero. I'm not 100% sure of this, though.

#6 fosamax

fosamax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 04:29 PM

In fact, I've got a CUE file made with FireBurner and I've already tried to use it to burn the CD and It didn't worked with Hugo nor Magic Engine (PC version).
I don't have access to my X-Box those time, that's why I haven't tried it yet.

I was thinking I could not use the Cue made with Fire Burner since there are some lines with pregap and I don't think it's usable with X-Port Hugo.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I haven't DL Hugo v8 yet that's why I could not be aware that new CUE files had been inserted in the pack.

I was figuring that It may be possible since CDDissect is using DRACX for exemple.

That's a far way better reply than "use e-mule" or "Google is your friend".

Thanks

#7 NeoCverA

NeoCverA

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 August 2003 - 04:35 PM

Just match your files to the CUE sheet included in latest HUGO. (rename accordingly) Thats what I did. Game works great except the speech is in Freakin GERMAN!!!

oh well cant have everything.

#8 mr jones

mr jones

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 04:39 PM

NeoCvera - the original intro has always been in German. Herr Dracula wouldn't have it any other way. smile.gif

#9 hosh

hosh

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 04:49 PM

The only problem being that Vlad Tepes (Dracula) was Romanian. tongue.gif
Ah, well, German's better than nothing.

#10 Jonesy_47

Jonesy_47

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:03 AM

I used the cue file that was included in the newest version of hugo and it worked great. Much better with the killer soundtrack in the background. One problem though-When i release Maria, the cut scene that plays is yet again plagued with silence. Not really a complaint. More of an annoyance. Castlevania rules.

#11 RMA

RMA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 11:28 AM

The German speech is great. First game directly from Japan I know that had German speech without any freakin' accent, and it even makes sense. I wonder what's wrong with some of you guys, hey, Hitler's dead for more than 50 years now, remember? rolleyes.gif

BTW, I managed to burn a perfectly working PCE-SCD of Dracula X using Nero, so the problem's gotta be yours. unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users