Jonesy_47

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 August 2003 - 04:18 PM

This topic is just being posted for the many of us out there with similar problems to me but have never been given a straight answer. Maybe this will remedy that situation.

MameX
Problem:Freezes when it says looking for roms. Nothing in the ini has been changed and my internal clock is set properly. It just says it is looking and stays frozen until you turn off your Xbox. Yes there are roms in the rom folder as well.

Mameox
Problem:Freezes after the very first screen where it tells you to insert a coin resulting in a black screen. Yet again i have not messed with the ini, the internal clock is set up correctly and there are roms in the rom folder.

PJ 64(or any N64 Emulator. Same reoccuring problem)
Problem:Will not load roms. After you select a plug-in it just freezes. Yes my roms are good (i have checked) but no go.

FMSX
Problem:This works well but the most hallowed of hallowed games, Metal Gear 2 (the second reason i even downloaded this emulator; first being the origianl Metal Gear) will not load. It just flashes a blue screen and loads up the msx command screen. I have tried opening it in every way that is possible in this emulator but no success. I'm sure that this will be remedied in Xports newest release of the emulator but it would be nice to play it on this one until that time comes and i know others have got it to work as said by many on this forum.

Weellll, thats the list. If anyone could help out with ANY of these problems your knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

#2 Mr Do!

Mr Do!

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 August 2003 - 04:30 PM

as a newbie 2 xbox emus, I have never had an emu crash on me in the way you describe.

I down load them, burn to disc, put them into xbox and copy them over to the emu dir, reboot xbox and they show under emus. I select the emu and it boots, select a game that is known to work and it runs.

the only emus I have not yet tried are the Xport ones, as having read how they are set up in the docs I don't think they will be as easy to setup as the others I use. i.e. just copy them over to my emu dir and run (i'll get around to trying them sometime)

#3 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 August 2003 - 04:53 PM

well, for the n64 emu's, your probably trying to run a rom that isn't compatible, to the best of my knowledge the current emu's will run almost anything 16 megs or smaller, and some 32 meg roms, but no 64 megs yet. hopefully this will be changed soon, i have never used mameox but i do use mamex and it has never crashed on me once, i run all of my emu's from my hdd.

#4 Jonesy_47

Jonesy_47

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 August 2003 - 07:58 PM

Mr. Do!: Definitely try out xports emulators. They are the best at what they do and arent hard to install at all. Now they even have nifty backgrounds and cool background music.

AND ...

Reaper527:My n64 emulation problems are definitely not due to the game being too large to run. In my inital post i told you that even Super Mario 64 would not run. But thanks for the input.

#5 Bender_Unit_1

Bender_Unit_1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:18 PM

Make sure all IGR (in-game reset) options are turned off in Evo-X. That has been known to cause problems with PJ-64X. Putting it in my E: drive helped me too.
Never had any problems with the other emulators... ever. So I can't help you with those.

-Bender

#6 Bender_Unit_1

Bender_Unit_1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:25 PM

double post. my bad

-Bender

Edited by Bender_Unit_1, 07 August 2003 - 09:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users