MS Dashboard Update Games
Posted 21 July 2003 - 08:21 PM
so ur saying if i download new content or if a game receives an auto-update, the evox dash will become corrupt? if im not getting this can someone simplify it for me?
Posted 06 August 2003 - 07:54 PM
And i did run the dashupdate :-(
Now my original dashboard is one with XB live...... !! and i can't replace it with the original.
If i do i get the error 13.
OK i still can get into Evox, it's not a very big problem.
But does someone have an idea how to put the orignal back.
Or anyone an idea which files are modified when running the dashupdate?
Posted 13 August 2003 - 02:57 PM
I gotz nuked... what happens is the original MS Dash is no longer readable and you'll get an 'Error 21' if u try to run it (for CDs DVDs or just regular loading)... If you're not Live, it doesn't really matter... Just load up DVD-X 2 (Dongle Free!) and XBox Media Player.
Now here's my question... Is there a solution or am i permanentaly msxboxdash free?
Posted 10 December 2003 - 07:27 PM
Posted 16 December 2003 - 12:21 AM
Posted 16 December 2003 - 04:50 PM
Posted 24 January 2004 - 11:04 PM
|QUOTE (dtechlogic @ Dec 16 2003, 06:50 PM)|
|Well guys i don't know why you have problem with dashboard when you do the update. I have never encounter any problem with mine when it does the update.|
If you have a mod chip, you won't see any problems. But if you are doing soft mods with fonts or audio hacks, they won't work anymore because the update fixes the flaws they exploit.
Posted 25 January 2004 - 08:14 AM
Now here is where people will nuke their dash.
1. they install a modchip, or use an exploit or whatever other means to mod their xbox
2. they install their new dash, and it is named "xboxdash.xbe" (their ms-dash might be renamed to "msdash.xbe" or something else
3. they run the update.xbe file, by downloading new maps, content, etc..
4. the update.xbe file overwrites the previous "xboxdash.xbe" file (which is your dash) with a new ms dash
5. they turn on the xbox and the MS dash loads up even with the chip enabled.
Now here is how to fix it.
You are still running your downloaded bios. The update did not affect this at all. You should still be able to run homebrew code (evox,avalaunch, etc..)
1.turn on the xbox
2.insert an evox boot disk ( you should still be running your bios at this point and therefor be able to read the evox disk)
3.ftp to your xbox, rename your ms dash (xboxdash.xbe) file to something else and reupload your dash and name it "xboxdash.xbe"
4.eject the evox disk
5.restart the xbox
you should be fine again at this point
to prevent this from happening agian
1. flash your bios with one that supports a new boot sequence
2. Name your dash to one of the options in the boot order before "xboxdash.xbe"
3. Name your ms-dash back to "xboxdash.xbe"
Sorry for the long post, hope this clarifies the problem for some people
Posted 25 January 2004 - 08:19 AM
Posted 31 January 2004 - 12:35 AM
Posted 29 February 2004 - 10:17 PM
Project Gotham Racing 2
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users