• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 yan84

yan84

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 01:03 PM

what is for example an new bios with new sequence???? and is this hard to switch bios???

#32 derekmasses

derekmasses

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:25 PM

ok...i have the problem, where my original msdash wont work, i get the 21 error code, but evox works with no errors. so i cant turn off the modchip or goto my original xboxdash...i think this is what everyoen is talking about... so do i have to fallow the instructions from that one guy who posted??? or do something else?

#33 XDudeX

XDudeX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Xbox, Electronics, Movies...work.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 30 April 2004 - 06:58 AM

counterstrike contains the files update.xbe and dashupdate.xbe. I loaded one of these not knowing what it was and an "updating" sign appeared as well as a loading bar. However, my modded box still works fine...?

#34 ralphwiggums

ralphwiggums

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 11:13 PM

questions that need clearing up.....

what if i re-copy over the entire c partition from a good drive?

does the update modify the kernel in anyway?

( i guess that if it mods the original eeprom, i could always reflash over w/my Xenium backup...)

#35 b-gates

b-gates

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:My girl<br>BMX<br>Snowboarding<br>Weed<br>Turntablism (scratching records)<br>Punk<br>xbox<br>Conspiracy theories
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 June 2004 - 09:32 PM

Damn, Ninja Gaiden just got me. I didn't realise it had an online option, just thought it was another game mode. Now I get error 21 when I try and boot to the normal dash. I have an aladdin advance and use evox with the xecutor 2 bios. Usually to boot to the MS dash I just quickly press the on button and it turned on. Now as I said I get error 21 or the green service screen. I can still use evox if I press and hold on for a second but I want the normal MS dash to work too. It already had the Live menu as it was only made in February this year.

So how do I fix this?

I don't have an evox boot disk but I do have a disk someone sent me that says "slayers 1" on it. Is that any use?

Also, my laptop wont recognise my xbox using the system link cable so I can't ftp to change the files. I tried using FlashFXP and turned my firewall off but still no joy.

Today sucks. uhh.gif

#36 simonko

simonko

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 05:48 PM

b-gates,

I got the same problem. Had to reinstall C:\ from a backup. Replacing xboxdash.xbe or msxboxdash.xbe does nothing nor does deleting only \xodash.

1. you can download evox from #xbins off IRC and then create a boot disc CD-RW.

2. you have to use a crossover cable if it is a direct connection to you xbox (not conneted through a hub or switch)

3. I hope you have have a backup of C:\

I want to know how to disable xbox live autoupdate. There are some games that auto update when you put in the disc with no say at all. I know you can make a backup and remove the update xbe's but hell I do like using the originals, plus I rent games alot.

Edited by simonko, 08 June 2004 - 01:02 PM.

#37 b-gates

b-gates

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:My girl<br>BMX<br>Snowboarding<br>Weed<br>Turntablism (scratching records)<br>Punk<br>xbox<br>Conspiracy theories

Posted 07 June 2004 - 08:31 AM

Cool, thanks for your reply man.

Unfortunately the guy who chipped my xbox didn't back up my C. Said he forgot. However I can get my friend to send me a copy of his on CD. Reckon that would work?

I already have evoX sitting in an email account somewhere so I don't need to look for it. Just d/l the fecker and burn it to CD again.

The other thing I have is SlaYer's Auto installer (says 1 on one disk and 2.8 on the other disk) which both have evoX too. It also has an option to "rebuild retail HD"

Would that fix it for me? I was going to do it but I was worried I'd loose all my game saves so I thought I'd come on here and see whagwan.

hopefully I can get it fixed and working will little trouble and without loosing anything or fuckling anything else up!

Also, once I do get it sorted, can I still go on Live with the chip off and with original games or has this messed it up for that permanently?

I'll go buy a proper crossover cable tonight too.

Any help is appreciated cos I don't know wtf I'm doing!

cheers

Lee

#38 Ha|o

Ha|o

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 June 2004 - 08:07 PM

spinaroonisucka's little 'clarifying' post really did clarify things. What I don't get is why would your dashboard get nuked in the first place? From what spinaroonisucka said, you can only get it nuked if your dash has the xboxdash.xbe name. Simply do what he said (rename the new dash and leave the ms one the same), and you should be fine. Is this correct or am I missing something here?

#39 b-gates

b-gates

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 09:54 PM

Cheers dude.

So, does the fact my xbox already had the live menu when I bought it make a difference?

As I said, I have 2 disks (found another 1) that say Slayers 1 and Slayers 2.8 on them and I notice they both have an option to re-install the retail HD. I was going to do it but was unsure if this is the best solution and was worried I'd loose my save games. Unfortunately the person who chipped my xbox never backed up my c drive either.

What is the best and easiest way to fix this? I'd totally hate to loose all my saves but I really want the MS dash back to play DVDs, songs and for use on Live when I get broadband. There's a very slim chance I can get a back up of c but if I can't then I need to know what my alternatives are. Also, can it be fixed without ftp? Where are the save games kept on the xboxes HD anyway?

Thanks in advance! Hope you can help a dumbass out - I'm desperate and can't find anything specific enough on search.

Lee smile.gif

#40 nfs911

nfs911

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, PC Games- Counter-Strike: Source
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 June 2004 - 01:09 AM

i palyed star wars clone wars, counter-strike, rainbow six three and still no dash problem, of cour I got unleashx but its called evoxdash,xbe

#41 odot

odot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 03:43 AM

Think I got nuked by NFS U: however I was not online but I guess I got updated somehow. Atleast now I know why I can only load non backups. blink.gif

#42 joao_pm

joao_pm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:17 PM

I just solved the problem on my box.
My problem was simmilar to one reported earlier in this thread: after Ninja Gaiden, I could no longer switch to my msdash, although evox and everything else seemed to work. I have boxplorer installed on my harddisk so I started it from evox. Luckily, I had two files on my x:\ drive, xboxdash.xbe and msxboxdash.xbe which were originally the same, although evox.ini used the latter to load my msdash. This file was probably updated accidentaly, but the other one was fine. Of course, all I had to do was copy xboxdash.xbe to msdxboxash.xbe and it worked.
So, before re-installing everything, why not try to replace this file?!

#43 camaroman33

camaroman33

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 02:31 PM

i am trying to update my ms dash because i think i nuked it. but when i try to update the software with one of those games nothing happens. how can i get the correct files another way??

#44 fish123456

fish123456

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 06:46 PM

Ninja Gaiden zapped my xbox all to he|| as well. Only thing is, I'm not using a chipped box. I soft-modded mine using the mech assault save game exploit and installed linux. I don't actually get an error when I start mine up, rather, it reboots forever. It begins to display the dashboard (you can make out some of the green circles that fly around when it loads), but then it freezes and reboots.

Since I don't have it modded, I haven't backed up anything on the disk. This is in part b/c I'm a noob. So, without meaning to sound dumb (if it's not too late already), is there a way to restore the C:\ drive w/o a backup from my specific drive, meaning, my friend's drive? If so, does this require that my friend and/or I have a mod-chip installed? I'm guessing it probably does, but I'm constantly surprised at what everyone here is doing to their xboxes.

Thanks in advance!!!

#45 jonny_eh

jonny_eh

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 July 2004 - 04:40 PM

Without access to your dash or games, or a modchip, the xbox is useless (unless you get a modchip).

A good way to protect yourself from accidentally accessing live is to just unhook the ethernet cable plugged into your xbox. All the games that I have seen grey out the menu item for accessing xbox live (and therefore messing up your system) when the xbox isn't plugged into a network.

I had the opposite problem, I needed the update because I wanted to do a soft 'sploit with a usb memory stick and a usb->xbox keyboard dongle. The thing is, you need the live update in order for the usb memory stick to work.

Hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users