• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 adamcox

adamcox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 October 2002 - 01:32 AM

Ok, I AM using all the correct cables/hub.

1. I am using EVOX and using the IP address displayed in the menu to configure the IP on my pc.
2. I cannot see the X-BOX from the PC in network view.
3. I cannot ping the X-BOX.
4. I also cant get XBR to connect to the XBOX when I run XBOXRIPPER on the X-BOX.

Please someone, what am I doing wrong? is there some strange windows XP networking option I need to setup??

Arghhh

#2 flashbak

flashbak

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 October 2002 - 01:41 AM

Try the following IP's:
Set your PC to 192.168.100.002
Set your XBox to 192.168.100.003
Set subnet mask on both PC & XBox to 255.255.255.0
Set the Default Gateway on both PC & XBox to 192.168.100.001
Also note that if your using the latest two releases of Evolution-X (1.8 2594 or 1.8 2812. They both require a user name and password of xbox to login to the XBox. Also make sure to save the changes in Evo-X (scroll down to bottom of settings).

#3 adamcox

adamcox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 October 2002 - 02:01 AM

When you change the settings in Evox and then select save and exit is that all you have to do? will the new ip changes you have made now be in effect?

Thanks

#4 SuperV

SuperV

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 October 2002 - 03:00 AM

You have to use a prog like Wingate to set up a DHCP server and th exbox will get its IP that is what i did since i had the same symtoms as you dooo.

Lates

#5 Stryfe01

Stryfe01

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 October 2002 - 03:11 AM

this is similar to my problem..im using winroute 4.23 and its not assingning an ip to my xbox either...

#6 flashbak

flashbak

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 01:16 AM

Folks, where's this user saying anything about using DHCP? Yes, if you choose save and exit in the settings it will save those IP's for the XBox.

#7 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE (adamcox @ Oct 19 2002, 01:01 AM)
When you change the settings in Evox and then select save and exit is that all you have to do? will the new ip changes you have made now be in effect?

Thanks

You also must reboot.

The settings you see in the menu are for the XBox not the PC.

Xripper is a rather old method to rip games and has long been superceeded by Evolution-X.

You will never see the Xbox in Network View since it doesn't support browsing or a browse master, and it's only protocol is FTP.

Once you can ping the Xbox FlashXP should be able to connect to it.

You DO NOT have to have a DHCP server if you set things up manually, though if you happen to have one on your LAN, things are automatic.

The XBOX does not "GET" an IP automatically unless there is a DHCP server on your LAN.

NEVER put your Xbox on the same subnet as your ISP. E.G. never use the same IP addresses given by the ISP or rely on an ISP's DHCP.

Always use 10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x sequence IP's.

If possible isolate your PC to Xbox connection from a cable or DSL modem or any other "internet side" subnet. If you don't you will either be unable to connect, or you'll get abysmal xfer rates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users