1 reply to this topic

#1 EclipseGST303

EclipseGST303

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 04:31 AM

we have been using my friends matrix programmer for the past couple of days, on his chameleon, and my matrix. For some reason, his chameleon didnt work, and neither did my matrix. My matrix is aligned, and whenever it is in a mode other than 1(basically whenever it is trying to use bios) it will frag. So i was wondering if maybe the programmer is messed up, if this is the case, is there a way to put a bios on my chip without it? i know u can put a bios on the chameleon without a programmer, but i dunno about the matrix. i can buy a new one, if this is most likely the reason its messing up.

O yeah, and i heard that if u used a printer cable instead of plugging the programmer directly into the computer port, it can screw the programmer, any input on this? we used a cable a couple of times. but to put the bioses we are using now, we plugged it directly into the computer.

Edited by EclipseGST303, 08 August 2003 - 04:32 AM.

#2 sp8rky

sp8rky

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (EclipseGST303 @ Aug 8 2003, 01:31 AM)
we have been using my friends matrix programmer for the past couple of days, on his chameleon, and my matrix. For some reason, his chameleon didnt work, and neither did my matrix. My matrix is aligned, and whenever it is in a mode other than 1(basically whenever it is trying to use bios) it will frag. So i was wondering if maybe the programmer is messed up, if this is the case, is there a way to put a bios on my chip without it? i know u can put a bios on the chameleon without a programmer, but i dunno about the matrix. i can buy a new one, if this is most likely the reason its messing up.

O yeah, and i heard that if u used a printer cable instead of plugging the programmer directly into the computer port, it can screw the programmer, any input on this? we used a cable a couple of times. but to put the bioses we are using now, we plugged it directly into the computer.

The Matrix User Guide is very specific about NOT using a paralel cable between the PC and the programmer.

I'm not sure it has to do with the risk of physical damage to the programmer as much as it does with the possibility of a bad flash...

Anybody know for sure?

Anyway, what software did you use to program the Matrix?? If it was WinLPC, then I recomend downloading the new "XP" Xodus Programmer software from the Matrix Site.

It's designed to work with both the Matrix and Chameleon. Maybe you will have better luck with this. beerchug.gif

Wipe the chip, and re-flash. BTW. Use a new Duracell battery in the programmer!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users