• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SonicBuzz

SonicBuzz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 04:06 PM

I really have tried to figure this out on my own.......

All the help files and utilities have lead me to believe that I need to have a dashboard (like Evolution X) in order to extract the files from a game disk?

Is there a way to get the "image" off the game disk by installing it in my DVD drive in my PC? Or, is all I see when I do this the files that are used to produce the "little move" and "this is an xbox game" message that plays when the game is put into a DVD player?

From what I gather this is a summary of steps I need to be able to backup and play backup games.

1 - Burn a DVD with a new dashboard file (Evolution X).
2 - Link the PC and Xbox and install the new dashboard on the xbox.
3 - With the PC linked to the xbox, use an iso extractor to get the game from the disk to an iso file.
4 - Convert the iso to an xiso format.
5 - Burn the xios on a DVD-r (Nero)
6- Install a mod chip (x2 lite)
7 - Insert the backup game disk and Play.

Does that sound right? Is there anything I am missing or an easier way?

I have a BSEE and over 10 yrs experience in computer manufacturing and this is STILL confusing to me. I bow to the XBOX "wizzards" who have figured all this out and made it work...

#2 bigga

bigga

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 08 August 2003 - 04:12 PM

Install evoX
Connect a network (cat 5 crossover cable) between xbox + pc
Put game in xbox drive
FTP contents of d: (dvd drive) down to your pc
Use simpleXiso to make an iso of all the files you FTP'd
Burn to dvd

PC drives can't read xbox game discs

#3 sCoTxXx

sCoTxXx

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 04:18 PM

You need a new dashboard? What do you have in there now? What modchip are you using? Bios? Some info and we could help you out a little more. Oh and no you cant read xbox dvd in your pc. You have to transfer them from xbox dvd drive to your pc harddrive and then make your iso.

#4 SonicBuzz

SonicBuzz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 04:46 PM

My xbox is currently a virgin.

My plans are to install a x2lite & Evolution X dashboard. My understanding is the x2lite has a per-installed bios that will not require a bios program like evox.

#5 sCoTxXx

sCoTxXx

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 05:11 PM

Well before you can start making backups or playing games off the hd in your xbox, you gotta install that modchip. If that is the chip you are using then im not too sure what comes preflashed. (i have a matrix) and i flashed the chip before i put it in the xbox. Then you will need evox on your xbox to ftp back and forth to your pc and xbox. You should really spend some time going through some posts and tutorials so that you will be ready when you go to install. I will tell you something if you truely read up on all this you should have very little problems getting up and running.

#6 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 August 2003 - 07:34 PM

This is my first post from my cell. phone so bear with me.

First you don't have to install evox on your hard drive. I just keep it on a CD-RW and boot the XBOX off that disc when I want to copy a game.

Second, yes that modchip comes with a bios preflashed so no flashing required.

Last you need a modchip installed to do any of this, and of course your PC can't read an XBOX disc.

You should have been able to figure all this out from the tutorials and searching the forum.

#7 SonicBuzz

SonicBuzz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 11:28 AM

Thanks,

Yes, I did figure most of this out from research. The one thing that I missed is the use of a CD-r to boot from instead of installing a 3rd party dashboard. I had read about using the CD-R to boot from, to re-prog a bios, but didn't think about using it instead of an "evox" dashboard.

Thanks for the input,
Buzzzzzzzz Onnnnnnn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users