evagelos

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 19 January 2004 - 02:04 PM

one question:
how can i connect my xbox wireless with my pc?
on my pc i understant that i'll use a pci card. but on xbox?

#17 machette

machette

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 01:07 AM

I have 2 network card... 1 Wireless that connects through a router...

And i have the other that connects to my xbox... But when i try to connect with a ftp program with port 21, it doesnt connect..

It said connection failed (connection lost),.. and it retry after

How can i connect to my xbox?

#18 JBoerma

JBoerma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 05:00 PM

Is the XBOX NIC only working in Full Duplex mode. When I try to connect via a USB network adapter (half duplex) the XBOX is not replying. When I put the cable in a 3Comm NIC full duplex, it's working. Forcing this one to half duplex no connection.

#19 stang5150

stang5150

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 10:39 PM

Quick question.

I have two PCs. One is sharing internet connection with the other through linksys PNA phoneline cards and an Alcatel 330 USB DSL modem. These phoneline cards only run at 10Mbs and I use the 10/100 network card on my main pc to connect my xbox to. I have been thinking of getting a wireless network with the linksys wireless-G router connected to my main PC with the DSL, a wireless pc card for my other computer and the Linksys Wireless-G adapter for the xbox. My question is does the Wireless-G adapter work on a modded xbox?

#20 ngjason

ngjason

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 07:51 AM

Hi, I am new here and just get my XBOX mod.
after foloowing thru all the answers and replies, I still dont get my answer to 'how to network my XBOX to PC" . what software to use (I come across a name called "Extreme X"?) but how to first put that piece of sw to the XBOX before I can start FTP in and out? huh.gif

#21 kidkash

kidkash

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 07:15 PM

helllp!!!!

I am a total noob.
In the first post in this thread about networking.

is that the same type of "networking" if you just wanted to transfer files from pc 2 xbox?

I noticed the words "broadband" alot. I just want to connect my xbox and pc to transfer files and stuff, not to play xbox live. so do i still use that guide?

#22 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 February 2004 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (evagelos @ Jan 19 2004, 04:04 PM)
one question:

Ok, what you need is an Xbox Wireless Adapter

Here's the description:

Add your Xbox video game console to your high-speed wireless network with the Xbox Wireless Adapter. Play games on any TV in your home without wires and with the assurance of the leading wireless security.

You can buy it today Here for $99.00, I know it says $139.00 but when you click on the "Buy It" link, the rates on circuit city and similar places is $99.00.

Or you can shop arround for something cheaper... just check the speed transfer.

Hope it helps. Good Luck! biggrin.gif

#23 tyger25

tyger25

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 February 2004 - 02:31 AM

I got my wireless adapter from Amazon for $57 shipped. You can get one now for $75.

#24 ohjustsomedude

ohjustsomedude

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:39 AM

Posted on Feb 12 2004, 03:36 AM
QUOTE (evagelos @ Jan 19 2004, 04:04 PM)
one question:

I haven't done it yet, but I'm sure it will work. Just connect a crossover (the same cable that came with your xbox) cable to a wireless router. Then set up the a wireless connection from your pc to the wireless router. Now they're networked. I would leave the encryption off and just disable ssid broadcast and do mac address filtering. And of course change the default login and password on the xbox just to be sure. This way you have more functionality that the wireless adapter would provide. I'm going to set this up soon, but I want to drill a hole into my wall first, I actually have a more complex setup than you are describing.

#25 webscripter

webscripter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:xbooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 27 February 2004 - 02:49 PM

I have something realy weird. I can play xbconnect and stuff (so connection with my xbox and internet works). But when I ftp to or from my xbox (movies and stuff), my internet connaction disconnects...
uhh.gif

#26 CamdogXIII

CamdogXIII

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:Modding xbox's, building computers.
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 March 2004 - 11:00 PM

pk i want ot connect ot my xbox to insall evox, no wireless connection or anything i just want to know how to connect to my xbox ( have flash fxp, have rj45 cable, have evox boot disk working, and read tuts no help.)

#27 Toonami99

Toonami99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:18 PM

Is it possible to transfer files through a cross over cable without internet?

#28 Blast_man

Blast_man

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:12 PM

If im using to ethernet cards to connect to my xbox does one of the HAVE to be connected to the internet?

#29 kidkash

kidkash

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 01:52 PM

Toonami99
- Yes, you dont have to be connected to the net to transfer files. Just use "FlashXP" - a FTP program. A great program actually smile.gif

Blast_man
nah, it does'ent...

and ...

CamdogXIII
erm, weird, all i can think of - maybe a wrong setting on the xbox? - cause once the crossover cable is hooked into a network card... it should work

#30 inVINCEseeble

inVINCEseeble

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 08:26 PM

Hello. My xbox says NO LINK. I don't have a modchip, does that make my FTP using crossovercable not work?juz to make sure I bought the right crossover cable: RJ45 Male/Male Category 5e Snagless Patch Cable, Ethernet Tolken Ring. is that the right one?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users