114 replies to this topic

#106 Can_OX

Can_OX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:20 AM

I have one simple question.

I was wondering if i can use a normal cable ("straight", one that connect to my NIC card and cable box modem) to transfer files from PC -> Xbox (NIC -> XBOX HD VIA FTP)
or do I have to use the method of using a Hub or 2 NIC cards + a Cross cable. Thanks.

#107 tyty

tyty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 06:01 AM

ok so i have my xbox hooked up to a hub and my computer in the same hub and my broadband connection in the uplink spot.... but i start up my xbox to get the ip of the settings in the evox dash and the ip that is blue hinted is 0.0.0.0 so i dont have an ip to plug into flashxp to ftp with please help.... sad.gif

#108 BigEagle

BigEagle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (devine @ Sep 29 2004, 11:15 PM)
I'm having a slight problem with this stuff through Windows

I'm using two eth-cards

For further mentioning I'll use these terms
Connection1 > is my link to internet
Connection2 > is my link (crossed TP) to the xbox

I've set windows (xp) to share connection1, and settings for connection2 is IP: 192.168.0.1 subnet: 255.255.255.0, while the xbox is set to IP: 192.168.0.2 subnet: 255.255.255.0

I'm using avalaunch, and whilst loading it tries to connect to the web to gather news to show in the dash. Obviously this won't work, and I have the same problems trying to use Xboxconnect. The computer won't have any kind of contact with my xbox. Nor through ftp. I recon this is because Windows is to stupid to understand that connection to 192.169.0.2 means using connection2 instead of the connection1 that is default for ftping and such.

Something is wrong with your connection2 card or cable you say... Nope.. Using linux these things work perfect, but with schoolapplications that I cannot port to linux my machine often run Windows for couple of days without booting, in which time I'd like to have my internet available on the xbox. Also because I cannot find any good xboxconnect/xlink-clients for xbox.

What's wrong? Have anyone had this problem? I keep rereading the settings over and over again, but they seem valid. Is it usererror, or strickly the typical f'ing windows-errors playing games with me?

You said you cannot find a good Xlink client for Xbox. Avalaunch just came out with a new version 0.49 which has Xlink Kai built in. When I figure out how to do it, I will install it in my SmartXX V2 modchip. I currently have Avalaunch 0.48.4. My version has some built-in linking, but I have not figured out how to use it - maybe they are obsolete (Bo-Link and XBC-Link). I am still really new to this modchip stuff.

#109 Ganga

Ganga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 01:12 AM

Hey guys do I have to buy a harddrive for my Xbox or can I FTP or something to my computer and play the games off one of my computers HD's?

#110 Ganga

Ganga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 01:15 AM

hey guys can I FTP my Xbox to my pc or connect somehow and play my xbox games off one of my comps HD's?

#111 DarkPhoenix966

DarkPhoenix966

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 December 2004 - 07:39 AM

What would i do to network my computer and xbox?
I have xbox live so my xbox is already online. Do i just connect my xbox to my computer aka plug a cable into my computer.
(sorry if this is unclear or wrong because i am a noob when it comes to this stuff)

#112 intelman26

intelman26

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:XBConnect IDs: [-B[F]H-][-WoOzY-], woozy2627,TheWidowmaker,Gamer1MODs
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 December 2004 - 02:36 PM

ok folks here we go . due to an unnecessary modem change my ability to ftp my xbox and my computer was eradicated. however after sometime and lots of brainstorming i fixed the problem.. so heres the fix for all you out there who may be experiencing any problems with ftping your stuff.......first off when they changed my modem my new IP address was 0.0.0.0 and this created the problem whenever i tried to ftp i kept getting the error cannot establish a connection.... well heres how i fixed it .....first i went into my computer and opened DOS prompt and typed in "ipconfig" this showed me my computers IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway. then i went into settings on my xbox and did the following ....

example....
(computer)
IP address - 52.34.122.233
subnet mask- 244.244.244.0
default gateway- 52.34.122.2
ok now that we have determined our computers settings lets move to the xbox

setup network- yes
use static IP-- no
IP address-0.0.0.0
subnet mask-255.255.255.0
default gateway- (mine was blank from previous ftp)
DNS-0.0.0.0
DNS-0.0.0.0
setup delay-0
(note. if you havent already changed your DNS then i recommend using the same as i have above for DNS)
obviously this configuration did not work so i made the following changes....
setup network--yes
use static IP--- yes
IP address--- 52.34.122.232 ( note i lowered the last number of my computers IP by one and this gave me my new xbox IP )
subnet mask--255.255.255.0 ( same as my computers)
default gateway-52.34.122.2(same as computers)
i left DNS the same and saved changes and exited
reboot xbox
now go into your computers networks settings
right click on the connection you use to connect to the internet and go to properties
in the properties window click on the advanced tab
and ensure that if you have your firewall turned on that you turn it off.
after i did all this i was set
i was up in minutes moving files around and clearing my harddrive space of unwanted garbage.
if you have any questions or this was confusing let me know ill be happy to help..
heres a helpful tip.. when moving MP3's to my xbox i noticed that some of them were rejected by the xbox .. xbox hates long file names so try shortning the file name and try clickin and draggin the file again should work. later .. happy modding

#113 DragonKore

DragonKore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 02:55 AM

My Xbox is connected to my PC through a Linksys Ethernet card, but I get internet wirelessly. Is there anyway I can get my Xbox internet with my current setup without buying any new hardware? I can network to it fine, it just has no internet. Thanks.

#114 DragonKore

DragonKore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 02:58 AM

My Xbox is connected to my PC through a Linksys Ethernet card, but I get internet wirelessly. Is there anyway I can get my Xbox internet with my current setup without buying any new hardware? I can network to it fine, it just has no internet. Thanks.

#115 lowdog

lowdog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 05:09 PM

Hi, maybe someone can help me here. I am trying to hook my xbox up to my pc so I can play xbox live. I donít have a mod chip and I donít really want one. I just want to play online. I have a wireless linksys wrt54g router in one room and a linksys usb wireless adapter in the other room. I have a Ethernet card in the pc with the usb adapter and itís plugged into the xbox using a xbox system link cable (I hope that is the same as a crossover cable or maybe it is just cat5?). I have tried everything I think.

I tried network bridging, ics, and manually configuring it but nothing seems to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users