#1 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 08:10 PM

Sorry to edit your post.
It's been getting fairly cluttered here with all the halo talk. Since it all mostly is hex editing, it makes sense to have a single thread. Maybe this first post, if Shadowcat likes, can list offsets and such that people find in the future, and what they do.

For those of you who do not know how to spawn:
btw: My hex editor is called: HHD Hex Editor

Multiplayer Map (Blood Gultch):

*Note: Before you Play Halo, FTP your xbox and delete everything on drive X, Y, or Z. Which ever it has the cache on it.
Don't worry as none of your saved games will be deleted, they are stored on drive E. Now that you have it clear, continue.

1. Play Blood Gulch on your Xbox. All you need to do is load the map, cause it needs to be decompressed.

2. FTP your xbox, copy cache003. If you can't find the offset LATER, then copy cache004 and try that one.

3. Find a good source for you multiplayer hex editing.
http://media.7708.net/hack/dozi/BG.txt

4. Now comes the hard/easy part. Which ever, it depends if you know how to hex edit or sorta use a game shark.
Use HHD Hex Editor and open cache003.map. Then You will see all these numbers. Now Click Ctrl-G, or open Goto Offset. Should be located in EDIT menu. Now, look into your hex editing list.. BG.txt, find something you want to edit, lets say you want MC to shoot rockets with his AR. So look at this in the list: Projectile:AR - 94 44 83 (233DBF8), MAKE sure its "Projectile:".. Now, take 233DBF8 number and Copy And Paste using Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V. You paste it into the Goto Offset Box in HHD Hex Editor. Now Click Find..

5. The box will disapear and you will see it moved to some numbers. Find the place where it blinks. Ex: 3a 43 a6..
So you will notice that it is at: 94 44 83. This is the HEX for a bullet of an AR. Now, look back at your list of codes, BG.TXT. Find Projectile:Rocket - D4 83 98 (2344438).. And WOW, its right above AR on the list. NOW.. See D4 83 98, You are going to replace 94 44 83 with D4 83 98. Your work will glow red. Now you should be done, unless you want to modify it to shoot hogs at other people.

6. Retransfer your edited cache file back onto your X, Y, or Z (Which ever you found it on) partition with FTP and load up Halo.

7. Start a game of Blood Gultch. Have fun, smile.gif

Notice: If you seen Loading... with the music when you boot up halo, you did something wrong. But its rare.

Now For Single Player Maps..

------------------------------------------------------
Single Player Map (HALO, SC):

*Note: Before you Play Halo, FTP your xbox and delete everything on drive X, Y, or Z. Which ever it has the cache on it.
Don't worry as none of your saved games will be deleted, they are stored on drive E. Now that you have it clear, continue.

1. Play SC or HALO on your Xbox. All you need to do is load the map, cause it needs to be decompressed.

2. FTP your xbox, copy cache000.

3. Find a good source for you multiplayer hex editing.
http://media.7708.ne...k/dozi/Halo.txt
http://media.7708.net/hack/dozi/SC.txt

Note: Im using SC as an example..

4. Now comes the hard/easy part. Which ever, it depends if you know how to hex edit or sorta use a game shark.
Use HHD Hex Editor and open cache000.map. Then You will see all these numbers. Now Click Ctrl-G, or open Goto Offset. Should be located in EDIT menu. Now, look into your hex editing list.. SC.txt, find something you want to edit, lets say you want MC to shoot rockets with his AR. So look at this in the list: Projectile:AR - C4 1E B1(C77D938), MAKE sure its "Projectile:".. Now, take C77D938 number and Copy And Paste using Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V. You paste it into the Goto Offset Box in HHD Hex Editor. Now Click Find..

5. The box will disapear and you will see it moved to some numbers. Find the place where it blinks. Ex: 3a 43 a6..
So you will notice that it is at: C4 1E B1. This is the HEX for a bullet of an AR. Now, look back at your list of codes, SC.TXT. Find Projectile:Rocket - D8 94 F3 (C78B838).. And WOW, its right above AR on the list. NOW.. See D8 94 F3, You are going to replace C4 1E B1 with D8 94 F3. Your work will glow red. Now you should be done, unless you want to modify it to shoot hogs at other people.

6. Retransfer your edited cache file back onto your X, Y, or Z (Which ever you found it on) partition with FTP and load up Halo.

7. Start a game of SC or HALO (Which ever you modified). Have fun, smile.gif

Post any questions you have. If you screw up on the xbox, just delete the cache file and let it reload.

Edited by Mage, 10 August 2003 - 03:12 AM.

#2 buckwilliamsca

buckwilliamsca

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:23 PM

GREAT JOB!!! This eliminates alot of the guess work... smile.gif

#3 georgc

georgc

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:27 PM

when i serch in HHD Hex Editor for the offset i get a error that it nees to e between 0 and 02860000

#4 animex2

animex2

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:45 PM

wrong file, its cache000.map

#5 rob1309

rob1309

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 10:44 PM

i changed grunts to engineers and warthogs to banshees on SC but it locks up every time after like 30 seconds or somethin
it isnt starting from beginning of level cuz its saved but does it matter?
my save starts me in warthog which was replaced by banshees so i in on of those
locks no matter what i do after 30 seconds or so

#6 HumanClay

HumanClay

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 10:55 PM

woot! this is great. I used this guide and now im making all kinds of crazy stuff.thanks

#7 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 10:56 PM

Warthog replaced with banshee -
1.) Search for C787F98
2.) Replace C0 7E E6 80 with 24 AA E9 80
3.) NOTE: I added 80 at the end because 3 hex numbers always will have 80 at the end.

Your mistake: When you replaced warhog, it was like this:
C0 7E E6 81, so you did this: 24 AA E9 81 < This is not the banshee.

24 AA E9 80 is the banshee.

VERY IMPORTANT: The last 2 digit 80 rule always applys to 3 sets of 2 numbers: ex. 24 AA E9, you add an 80 at the end, UNLESS it already has the 4th 2 digit number: an example of this one is a Frag grenade: 2C 7D 23 81, it has an 81 at the end, you keep this number at 81.

Hope this helps. Also make sure to start a new game and not from a checkpoint. I found that even after you have it correctly set it still goes black. So start a new game on SC, by selecting another difficulty.

#8 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 11:03 PM

I don't really know if grunts would work as engineer. I don't think engineers have gun holding points or some animation. So the gun would be stuck inside their body or float on their head.

You can do the same trick with the gunless grunt.

Bump into a grunt, take 2 weapons, and then crouch and switch weapons and bump back into yourself, the grunt wont hold the gun in his hand but in his crotch, kinda funny because he shoots with his .... yea ...

#9 rob1309

rob1309

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 11:14 PM

strange cuz i was in a banshee but it had no sound of flying and i couldn't shoot
i redid the file and did start new game and it worked

and the grunts are not existing...... i tried to replace em with engineers but now there are neither engineers nor grunts
but when i in banshee, i aim at certain spots and tada it turns red......

so what exactly would be good for swapping with engineers?

#10 janten

janten

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 11:22 PM

Doesn't work with my PAL-Version.
I cannot even find the bytes (I've searched map001 - 005 for C0 7E E6 80 and found nothing)
Could someone post the PAL-ofssets and bytes?

#11 rob1309

rob1309

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 11:34 PM

i got it, thx for the help
can i get the flamethrower and gravity gun in SC?
prolly stupid to ask but owell lol

#12 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 11:47 PM

I don't think the enemies will be damaged by the flamethrower or gravity gun, thats why its not listed.

What I did was I made master chief an elite, made marines grunts, and made all aliens marines and master chiefs. Then kill em all.

Not sure about the pal version. Also your looking at the wrong thing. Your suppose to edit cache000.map for single player and cache003.map for multiplayer. These are located in XBOX/X,Y, or Z drive. The one your looking at is a map.

Also try searching with the actual offset and not hex.

Edited by Shadowcat, 09 August 2003 - 11:49 PM.

#13 Xbox-Savage

Xbox-Savage

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • Interests:To Sleep with your mommy.

Posted 09 August 2003 - 11:54 PM

wink.gif why not edit the original maps instead of cachemaps?

how do i make the pistol shoot Masterchiefs instead of bullets? dry.gif

Please sad.gif

Edited by Xbox-Savage, 10 August 2003 - 12:10 AM.

#14 rob1309

rob1309

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (Xbox-Savage @ Aug 9 2003, 07:54 PM)

how do i make the pistol shoot Masterchiefs instead of bullets? dry.gif

Please sad.gif

my guess would be change pistol projectiles to cyborgs

#15 Xbox-Savage

Xbox-Savage

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • Interests:To Sleep with your mommy.

Posted 10 August 2003 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (rob1309 @ Aug 9 2003, 10:15 PM)
QUOTE (Xbox-Savage @ Aug 9 2003, 07:54 PM)

how do i make the pistol shoot Masterchiefs instead of bullets?  dry.gif

Please  sad.gif

my guess would be change pistol projectiles to cyborgs

grr.gif stupid hex crap , is not fnding 233F1B8 wich is pistol and want to change it for 2348798 wich is masterchief (cyborg) grr.gif

this is on BG , cache003

Edited by Xbox-Savage, 10 August 2003 - 12:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users