Photo

Can Someone Answer Me This 2 Question Please?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mek334

mek334

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 06:19 AM

I have read all topics about xbox live but im still not sure about this two things:

1. I have enigmah modchip. And im NOT using EvoX. Can i use xbox live disc update and go online without any problems?
I mean,i know that xbox live change your original xboxdash,but if i dont use Evox can i still have problems as all this people that use EvoX dashboard (xbox wont boot...etc)?

2. Does Xbox live update change ONLY xboxdash and some files in C FOLDER or it change also something else ?? (there is also E FOLDER) with some files !!)

#2 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 06:25 AM

1 As long as you are using a MS Dashboard there are no problems.

2 The update does seem to do something with E but otherwise it does not affect things. E.G. it will NOT nuke the E: drive.

#3 mek334

mek334

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 06:29 AM

Thanx opjose u r very fast!!

#4 mek334

mek334

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 06:35 AM

btw, your second answer,
can i backup both C and E FOLDERS (one C and E folder with xboxlive and other C and E folder with EVOX) to my computer and UPLOAD them to xbox when i want to use them? ( one when i want to use xboxlive and other (with evox) for movies and off line games) ??

i hope u understand my question

#5 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 07:21 AM

As long as you have a backup why would you need to?

Remember the problem is only with the update.xbe file.

If you install the games to the hard drive or burn a DVD/CD after removing UPDATE.XBE the game becomes "update proof". If you want you can also remove the other UPDATE file which is 54 megs in size.

There IS one little exception to this. If someone accidentally tries to create a new account XBLive may attempt to download the update to you via the net.

This is why you want the C:\ drive backed up (and toss the E:\ drive for good measure in case you ever need to install another hard drive!)

So if you are backed up and have a bootable Evolution-X disk you can FTP to, delete the file and play away!

#6 dr_pat

dr_pat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 12:49 PM

I have read all topics about xbox live but im still not sure about this two things:

1. I have enigmah modchip. And im NOT using EvoX. Can i use xbox live disc update and go online without any problems?
I mean,i know that xbox live change your original xboxdash,but if i dont use Evox can i still have problems as all this people that use EvoX dashboard (xbox wont boot...etc)?

Be careful! I've exactly the same config as yours (mine is a PAL XBOX moded with enigmah) and the live update process in splinter cell nuked my dashboard.

I don't use EvoX and no other hardware modification was made to my xbox.
I've never renamed any file of the hd. It was the original dashboard.
The only change I've made is using the enigmah video mode selector to change video mode in NTSC.

So be careful, back-up first!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users