3 replies to this topic

#1 gigabad

gigabad

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 09:59 PM

hi! Heres my question:
i got two hdd`s in my xbox beacause i both an ide cable with 4 conectores and replaced it with the old one
and the i made a switch who cuts the power to one and one hdd`s at the time my first hdd starts fine but
when i switch over to my second hdd the f: shoves 0 bytes

and then if i unplugg the ide cable to my first hdd and then restart the xbox again then suddenly the f:: drive on my second hdd shows 12.4 giga free and al my games shows up, did you guys understand my question i got xcuter 2 with v1 3752 and evox D.62f innstaled on both of my hdd`s.

Summary both of mye hdd`s work but only if i remove the ide cable from one of them? why?
please help!
my xbox looks like this http://www.llamma.co...a_harddrive.htm

#2 XboxforU

XboxforU

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 11 August 2003 - 11:10 PM

wrong forum man..we do mostly hardware like lights and stuff...You probably have actual Hard drive problems..Try forum below this..Might get more response..Do search

#3 monkeys_ninja

monkeys_ninja

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 11:19 PM

basically you cant switch them while the xbox is turned on the ide bus isnt capable of 3 devices and the first hdd registers itself and doesnt just dissapear because the hdd loses power so when you switch the switch ( to the second) the box doesnt recognize the new hdd and although it shows up it reads as 0 because in the boxes view it has zero space.

is this anyway what your asking?

next time buy a 80 gig hdd and call it square.

#4 Ben999_

Ben999_

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 August 2003 - 12:41 AM

sounds to me like everything is working, except you didn't format the f: partition on the second drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users