• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 onyx00

onyx00

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 02:45 PM

My Xbox seems ot be haivng problems (won't boot, don't ask...). So anyways, any technical problems with taking the internals of another Xbox and swapping them in to mine and putting the old ones in another? I see no issues but figured I should ask.

Thanks

#2 GiggyNiggy

GiggyNiggy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 August 2003 - 02:54 PM

If you are just swapping DVD drives you will be ok...However, with a MB and HDD they are paired together so you would have to be using an unlocked HDD, other then that as long as all components are from the same version system you will be ok

Giggy

#3 eastie53

eastie53

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 05:54 AM

What if you install a chip? isnt that suppose to unlock the hdd? wouldnt that allow you to use it with any xbox MB?

#4 GuySmily

GuySmily

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 06:23 AM

A modchip would allow you to use an unlocked drive, so any modded Xbox can use any unlocked drive OR drives locked to that modded Xbox.

If you don't have a modchip, you cannot use an unlocked drive. It will need to be locked to your motherboard.

#5 rzyzzy

rzyzzy

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 14 August 2003 - 03:10 AM

What if you install a chip? isnt that suppose to unlock the hdd? wouldnt that allow you to use it with any xbox MB?

a chip won't unlock the hard disc by itself - you need to do that after installing the chip - use configmagic...

unlock your original drive , then start swapping parts...

there is no difference between cases of any version xbox - but you need to keep an eye on power supplies - there are differences in those...

#6 psycoguy1080

psycoguy1080

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Microsoft made a kick ass system, but with stupid security measures. (locks on the hard drives)

Posted 14 August 2003 - 04:14 AM

Hey Rzyzzy,
if you think LPC modchips are are for losers, how come you are using the chameleon LPC modchip?

#7 rzyzzy

rzyzzy

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 15 August 2003 - 04:56 AM

it was free... wink.gif

nice to see the noob( Member No.: 45519) learned a new word...

Truthfully though, call it snobbery if you wish, but I'm more than a little offended reading all these posts by instant "experts" who can't even solder one (1) of the points used by the old school modchips. I ordered my Xtender chip over a year ago - I was on this board when Evox was released, my 120 gig drive went in over a year ago as well. It takes balls of steel imho to solder 31 "D0" sized points in a $300 ( at the time) machine - The "clientele" attracted to the lpc chips, especially the pogo-pud variety, I consider to be weenies. All too often, with very few exceptions, they mod one (1) box with a matrix or a bitchecuter and think they know everything about modding.

Part of my sig is a joke- kinda like- "In MY day we walked through snow SIX FEET DEEP to get to school - with no shoes"...

Another part of it is deadly serious - I really can't believe the arrogance and ignorance of the "pogo-pud" crowd. There's alot more whining and "fanboy" talk here now than there was a year ago, and it sucks for noobs who really want to learn, because people who've actually performed mods get drowned out by weenies who post ignorant,off topic and often wrong info.

beerchug.gif

and yeah, "LPC"= little prissy-chip...

touche. wink.gif

Edited by rzyzzy, 15 August 2003 - 05:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users