#18 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 December 2003 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (daviefresh1775 @ Dec 7 2003, 03:27 AM)
has any of this changed???

Nope, nothing has changed. It's still your decision.

#19 pipes59

pipes59

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 09:12 PM

Hi there, this is my first post so please understand i'm a newbe.
I have purchased a new Xbox for my son for xmas to replace his PS1. (which I chipped before it was even ever plugged in).
I've been reading the FAQ and forum here for about a week to see how to chip the Xbox. My god it's gotten complicated.
OK, first off since its a new Xbox I am assuming it to be a ver 1.5 or at least a 1.4. Therefore my understanding is the only bios that will work is the X2 4979 256K. Or did I misunderstand the bios chart I found? I was thinking about the X bIT mod but if there only a 256K bios useful guess I don't really need a multi bios. My soldering skills are excellent and would prefer to solder for reliability purposes. Can anyone recomment a mod for me? And I don't care about $10 here or there as long as its a reliable mod. I also want to upgrade the hard drive to 120GB as so the disks can be transfered and put away. (My son treats his disks like shit) Also so I can download games and load them up to HD. Any recommendations would be much appreciated......
ph34r.gif

#20 Ludicrous

Ludicrous

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 03:54 PM

So does anyone have any experience with the X-BIT modchip? It requires no soldering and it has 2MB flash, would i be better off buying the X-Ecuter 2.3 lite over this one?

Thanks!

#21 Ludicrous

Ludicrous

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 04:08 PM

I was wondering if anyone has any reason to go for the regular X-Ecuter 2.3 LITE or PRO instead of the solderless model? I definitely would prefer something that i can plug in and replace easily in the future if I need to.

Thanks!

#22 s_cube

s_cube

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 18 December 2003 - 06:52 PM

pipes: I do not think that downloading games is legal or can be discussed/mentioned here.

pipes & ludicrous: When I first got into xbox modding, I was a big fan of the xecutor 2.2 series. The xecutor 2.2lite w/ a header pin install is/was the only chip necessary for xbox modding. It is no longer available, and I personally refuse to goto that usb power-addon x2.3 thing. xecutor chips,however are by far the most popular, IMO with good support found here at xbox-scene. . Of course, now that the x2.2lite is gone, I'm looking towards cheapmods ... AppleX chip perhaps. thats just me though....

s_cube

#23 Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 04:52 AM

Well I am in the market for a chip as well. Not sure how they all work just yet. But I kinda wanna go for the solderless chips.

Are any of the Xecuters solderless?

If not, any good tips on getting the soldering skills up to par?

And is it worth it to put Linux on the Xbox? I would like to upgrade to the largest drive available.

Someone had mentioned a chart. I need a place where I can compare chips together.

Thanks, I know I am a newbie here sorry for the redundancy. beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

#24 phrozenfeonix

phrozenfeonix

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 January 2004 - 04:08 AM

in case you arent aware, whats_cube said is outdated, the usb adaptors have been removed in the B batch, so i'd still reccomend an x23b pro love.gif to any reading this

#25 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 January 2004 - 12:02 AM

Tommy Vercetti,
did you even click the link in the first post? It has most of the answers you just asked.

pipes59,
PIRCAY ie GAME DOWNLOADING is the biggest taboo on Xbox-Scene.. just don't discuss it. We don't support it here, and threads about it will be locked, edited, and moved to the garbage bin, and there is a reasonable chance for a banning.

Edited by brahm2, 06 January 2004 - 12:05 AM.

#26 sant0s

sant0s

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 08:18 PM

Hi,
the x-bit modchip is still not avaible yet, becouse of some problems. but the modchip sounds quite intressting (2 MB Flash, USB, up to 4 Multibios ect.). So my questionis, if i should wait until its avaible or choose another one. 4 Multibios, does it mean, that i can put for example Linux, Wince, "normal" xbox and "cracked" xbox os on one xbox? sry when i think absolut wrong, me is a beginner wink.gif
Anyway, important is, if its worth to wait or buy another one.

thx, sant0s

#27 NoLiMiTSoLDieR

NoLiMiTSoLDieR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 01:39 AM

Im Lookin For a Good Quality Chip , Whats The Best?

I Wanna Run Backups
Wanna Use X-Box Live!
And Wanna Save Games and other Stuff To My HD.

I Think That X.B.I.T Is A Nice One but its not avail.

Which One u Recommend ?

#28 geordiedave

geordiedave

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 09:12 AM

Well I have a chameleon 1.3 installed and it works flawlessly, no soldering required unless ya want the power eject switch on , installed within 10 mins with pogo pins perfect function

so I would have to reccomend it

#29 bwanaaa

bwanaaa

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (geordiedave @ Jan 14 2004, 11:12 AM)
Well I have a chameleon 1.3 installed and it works flawlessly, no soldering required unless ya want the power eject switch on , installed within 10 mins with pogo pins perfect function

so I would have to reccomend it

What about the xenium chip? How does it compare to the x-ecuter 3?

#30 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:48 PM

Lots of people also ask

"What is the best mod-chip?"

Same thing as "which one"

there isnt really any "best one", they all do pretty much the same thing, but some are solderless, some have bigger flash banks, some have hardware programmers in case of bad flash

just look around for which ever one you think is best

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users