• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 nimbles

nimbles

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Student, Mathematical Finance.<br>Most sports, footbal (Arsenal fan), cricket &amp; rugby<br>Movie Junkie.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 29 March 2004 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (Topher5000 @ Mar 18 2004, 06:48 PM)
Total newb, & I mean total newb. Not just for modding, but xbox in general.
Will it play xvids with Dolby Digital sound?

yup with xbmc- make sure you enable 5.1 (i assume you are talking about 5.1), in the m$ dash audio settings, and make the relevant ammendments in the xbmc settings.

you will however have to have a media file which has a 5.1 ac3 audio file, for it to work properly

#17 Brit6

Brit6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (ybothers @ Feb 7 2004, 05:21 PM)
XBMP is simplier to use since it has less settings than XBMP biggrin.gif

anyways, if you are getting the latest XBMP version, here is warning:

NEVER NEVER EVER TOUCH THE VIDEO MODE SETTINGS IN THE SETTINGS MENU!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
- that's all... smile.gif

What happens if this happens? i did this and then the xbox wont show any video any more tongue.gif

Is there a fix for this ?

Thnx

#18 Mokey

Mokey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 04:53 PM

you have to get the enigmah video switch from the usual places

#19 jorcasce

jorcasce

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 02:50 AM

Well my xbmp, works pretty fine but one big issue:
First of all I use this type of media
hp dvdrw+
hp dvdrw-
princo dvdr+

if I burn a dvd movie on any of that media it works pretty good, but whenever it is mpeg or avi, I first have to fill have of the disc with any info or software or wathever I want! then it would play the files excellently!!!

Does any body know why is that...?

blink.gif
thanks!!!

#20 whiteb

whiteb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (nleahcim @ Jan 26 2004, 01:11 AM)
Take a look at this page: http://forums.xbox-s...=ST&f=23&t=9156

To summarize - most XBox dvd drives can't read CD-Rs. But it would be able to play a divx file that was on a cd-rw.

To summarize - most XBox dvd drives can't read CD-Rs. But it would be able to play a divx file that was on a cd-rw.

I seem to have a one of a kind then...., my box has *NO* problems reading my Babylon5 or DS9 DVDRIP CDR's (Samsung).

#21 takezo-dono

takezo-dono

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (Topher5000 @ Mar 18 2004, 05:51 PM)
Total newb, & I mean total newb. Not just for modding, but xbox in general.
Will it play xvids with Dolby Digital sound?

Thanks.

There are different "cointainer" formats that are out there. AVI is the most common. The audio track can be wav ( too large so no one uses it), Mp3, Mpeg 2, Augvorbis. I am not to sure about Ac3 audio. xbmp play just about any AVI format I through at it, hoever if it uses a video format or audio format it don't support, then it obviously does not play it. Aother container file is OGM with allow two audio tracks and I think Ac3 is alowed on a OGM audio steam, I have only encoded with ogg and mp3 on OGMs and AVIs so I can be sure.

Bottom line does Xbmp or XMPC supports the decoding of ac3 audio tracks on AVI's and OGM's?

MKV is another container file like AVI and OGM but is not supported at this moment.

What is a "container file"? It is a container as it's name sugests. Basicaly it hold a video stream, audio stream, and an optional soft subtitile stream. The video and audio stream can be any video format. Divx and Xvid are the most popular. the same goes for audio. For audio mp3 and oggvorbis are the most common.
some container files can have more than one audio steam like ogm and mkv.

I download a lot of anime, most of the dual audio ogms I get off of anime-HQ work great on XBMP and XBMC. It just that XBMP is still the better player IMO. Soft sub display on XBMP is not practical because it was too small and white to read. XBMC has a flawless soft sub diplay but has glitches in selecting the second audio track and fast fowarding, not to mention smb shares I can acces perfectly with XMBP and get access denied on xbmc.

I use XBMP for english track and XBMC for japanese track. For fansubs (almost always hard subs) then XBMP is the only media player I need.

#22 technocrat

technocrat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 09:32 AM

I noticed that my Media Player does NOT play Xvid.
My version is 2.4, do newer versions support Xvid?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users