Photo

Can I Upgrade My Hard Drive To A Larger Unit ?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 ZeonZaku

ZeonZaku

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:39 AM

Ok My Ice is on the way, I am about to pick up a HD. However I am worried about xbox Live playing..

If I swap out the HD do I always have to boot to the Ice Bios? or can I use the xbobx bios and still play on live?

thanks.

#47 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 July 2004 - 08:36 AM

forthex - As far as I know, USB hard drives are *not* supported.. Pen drives are supported because they can be formatted as memory cards, but I don't think USB HDD's will work. This is something you might want to search for / double check as I am not sure.

ZeonZaku - You won't have to swap out your hard drive to play XBL if you can lock your hard drive. Make sure you buy a hard drive that can be locked, for simplicity. Then, to play Xbox Live, you can boot to the Xenium Operating System (OS), and select to boot the Xbox with the original BIOS. It will act like an unmodded Xbox, even with a modchip installed and an upgraded hard drive. To get back to your modded Xbox, you just reboot the console, and either 1) boot to Xenium OS, and select your hacked BIOS or 2) just reboot, and if it's on Quickboot mode it will automatically load your hacked BIOS.

#48 drRAVALOT

drRAVALOT

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 July 2004 - 05:58 PM

i have a 250 gig in mine.....i also have a ide external cooling bay

#49 drink or die

drink or die

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:27 AM

ok, complete n00b here, but by no means think I'm a moron. I am new to the mod scene, but I've been reading lots and getting to know things fairly well. I have a 1.2 xbox, and I just ordered the X-ecuter3 chip, which I should be getting in a few weeks now. I am going to need a lot more storage space than the stock HDD, but I don't know what is the better option. Option 1- buy a 300-400GB HDD and install it, option 2- buy two 200GB hard drives and use them both. How much space should I expect to need if I want to save every game I have on the HDD. I have pretty much every game there is.

#50 snoopfighter

snoopfighter

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 02:51 PM

HDD

how do i know if i can lock my hdd??? i was thinking of ordering this hdd off of NewEgg but i want to know if i can lock it cuz i do play on XBL. If anyone can point me to a HDD on newegg that 'can' be locked i would appreciate it thanx.

#51 Gumba

Gumba

X-S Freak

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 August 2004 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (forthex @ Jul 28 2004, 02:03 AM)
just a random question (not to random), can i connect a USB HD through a controller port (i have the USB female to xbox male adapter from lik-sang.com) and use it as my primary or a secondary storage drive? I would also like to know how can take the IDE cable from the HDD and rig it so takes up the fourth controller port as a USB female or an Xbox controller female port? is anything i am asking possible?

You can use a USB HD as a massive memory card smile.gif

But that's about it.

http://www.llamma.co...d_is_bigger.htm

Note, you probbaly won't be able to mount this on your computer after formatting it.

#52 dustpuppy

dustpuppy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 01:10 PM

Hi guys,

Compete n00b here. I just upgraded my HDD from a 120gb to a 160gb, ghosted data across from one HDD to the other. It's a 1.5, using a TSOP-flashed bios, with the latest xecuter2.

Probelm is, EvoX is seeing that there's 120gb used space, 32mb free (bloody marketing). I can see C and E, but no F. No files, no directories, nothing.

Any idea how I'd go about recovering the F partition so I can get my movies etc back. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#53 joe5

joe5

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 07:34 AM

Thanx for the tutorials at the top, i'll have a go this weekend at putting a 120gig hard drive in.

#54 Kamasutra318

Kamasutra318

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:As a Computer Engineer, I try to learn as much as I can about electronics and software. Also games.
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 24 September 2004 - 07:03 AM

A lot of help...thanks. beerchug.gif

Edited by Kamasutra318, 10 October 2004 - 09:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users