#1 g02h3LL

g02h3LL

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 July 2002 - 01:54 PM

now that X-ecuter is real ive been thinking if i should buy that or open xbox

Open Xbox lets me use lots of bios images easily and is 100% legal.

X-ecuter is cheaper, has both no-patch hack and eject trick in the same version and has only 1 wire to solder (which doesn't bother me if its 1 or 9 because its only 1 time install). But if its flash upgradable and u wanna put a knew bios image onto it you have to take it out and flash it.. unlike open xbox.

hmm... im not sure but i think i'll go open xbox if its not too much more expencive

#2 R3B0RN

R3B0RN

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 July 2002 - 02:02 PM

X-Ecuter is nout out yet so i would go for Open Xbox

#3 Freedom Xighter

Freedom Xighter

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 July 2002 - 02:09 PM

mate i would yet for x-ecuter because open xbox means you have to place your own bios on it and that means using xtender v1.0 for eject trick then v1.1 for no-patch hack and this means you would have to drill a hole in your xbox or keep it open to reflash it everytime!

anyway x-ecuter is enigmah, so i would yet for them technically x-ecuter is enigmah 2 modchip different name!#

read home page of xbox-scene.com

or my post which has just been put up:
02 July 2002 14:15pm

#4 R3B0RN

R3B0RN

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 July 2002 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Freedom Xighter @ Jul 2 2002, 02:09 PM)
mate i would yet for x-ecuter because open xbox means you have to place your own bios on it and that means using xtender v1.0 for eject trick then v1.1 for no-patch hack and this means you would have to drill a hole in your xbox or keep it open to reflash it everytime!

anyway x-ecuter is enigmah, so i would yet for them technically x-ecuter is enigmah 2 modchip different name!#

yet it's onconfirmed just a post by the register... and they have no source... i'll have my doubts until it's confirmed by more then 1 source...

ppl said neo was enigmah also... anyway there is also no info about the x-ecuter out i mean it's NOT the enigmah2 the enigmah was 12 wires... so it must be another thing anyway could be the enigmah3 but still...

there is no release-date yet, that's why i would go for another chip...

#5 g02h3LL

g02h3LL

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 July 2002 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (Freedom Xighter @ Jul 2 2002, 01:09 PM)

no i dont have to reflash every time i want to change... i only have to use a printer cable and choose the image file on my computer

and the reason for open xbox is i can use later bios's easily...
and i wont have to drill a hole eaither

#6 telo{+}

telo{+}

X-S Expert

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 July 2002 - 04:15 PM

The printer cable port thing allows you to reflash the chip w/o ripping the chip off.

And unless you want to open the box up every time you want to reflash... okay okay, change bios, your going to have to drill a hole for the print cable port thing.

Personally, I see homebrew as the way to go.

#7 Satan00

Satan00

PimpMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 July 2002 - 04:30 PM

i'm goign with x-ecuter.. but for the openxbox people..
i notced that openxbox mounts and installs on top of the motherboard, so you can enlarge the wires and stick your openxbox outside the case and fit the wires thru a little slit. biggrin.gif

#8 zanga

zanga

X-S Senior Member

• Last Chance
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 July 2002 - 07:04 PM

picture?

www.dextrose.com/xbox

have fun...

#9 SpinDemon

SpinDemon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 July 2002 - 08:18 PM

A writeup on The Register hardly makes the X-Ecuter a reality, yet. Once some diagrams or pics surface, I'll be more apt to believe. For now, open Xbox is a reality. Personally, I agree with telo{+] in that the homebrew is the way to go. Open the Xbox, flash your chip with updated bios, close and go. Simple, and almost free. Not to mention with the switch added (thanks to Dysfunction for the tutorial), you have the best of both worlds. All for under $10.00

#10 Jello33

Jello33

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 09:42 PM

It seems to me that the best current solution is a hombrew chip with evoX 2.2 bios and switch. I know it's 29 wire install but once done it's done. With this setup couldn't you boot evox and reflash the xbox bios with any upcoming bios.

Am I not getting somthing?

Jello33

#11 SpinDemon

SpinDemon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 10:03 PM

Yeah that's the best available option for now IMO. I recently upgraded to the EvoX bios and added a LED to the switch (shows hacked/orig bios status)

#12 bearauto

bearauto

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 10:19 PM

Man I really hope x-ectutor is the real deal...

#13 mr.x

mr.x

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 10:34 PM

I go for X-ecuter, if it is real!

#14 pmow

pmow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 July 2002 - 02:24 AM

if one were to get openxbox, would the Xecutor bios image work on it as well? Because you know it supports both the eject and no patch, and people can read what's on it real quick.

#15 barnhill

barnhill

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2002 - 04:51 AM

ph34r.gif ill be waiting o the executer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users