#16 o lckMrk o

o lckMrk o

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 01:34 PM

In Mac you can backup a backup tongue.gif
make a disc image, rename your .toast to .iso and drag to the "Xbox Backup Toolkit", Extract the files and burn the folder with Toast using DVD-ROM (UDF) formant, and you will be able to read the files of your new disc in your Xbox and every comp.! cool.gif

#17 yo_homi108

yo_homi108

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 03:27 PM

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask...........

can you clone or copy an original xbox game disc using this software called DVD Wizard Pro, and then take it to your xbox and play it normally

The software claims that it can copy xbox games but i know that when an xbox is turned on and loads from the disc it checks for digital signitures and crap.
Would that be an issue.....?

Thanks,
any help would be appreciated

#18 jimmiscom

jimmiscom

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (yo_homi108 @ Jul 13 2004, 05:27 PM)
Hey guys,

I wanted to ask...........

can you clone or copy an original xbox game disc using this software called DVD Wizard Pro, and then take it to your xbox and play it normally

The software claims that it can copy xbox games but i know that when an xbox is turned on and loads from the disc it checks for digital signitures and crap.
Would that be an issue.....?

Thanks,
any help would be appreciated

i think... NO

#19 killdannow

killdannow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:50 PM

Ok guys, I know noone will prolly even listen for a second to me since this is my first post. I read this entire post, and the only problem I actually see, is the way the pc reads the disc. All this inside out backwards upwards shit is rumours, correct? So is there no way to raw copy a dvd disc? There certainly is on cd burners, and it circumvents any known copy protection. Is this lacking because we have yet to come out with dual layer media, or is there just no program to do this? If the dvd is copied in a raw format, it should not matter two shits which way the pc wants to read the disc, and if the xbox is cracked it should definitely not matter whatsoever. Just my 2 cents wink.gif

#20 OscarMayer

OscarMayer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:14 AM

I've also seen that a software called DVD Wizard Pro can copy X box games. I didnt understand how this is supposed to work, but does andybody know if it really does work, and what else would you need with that? Im kinda new to this so if anybody could explain this to me? -
~OscarMayer

#21 TheMoho

TheMoho

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 August 2004 - 12:14 AM

What were to happen if i put a real or backup game in my PC DVD Drive (Sony DRU-510a)???

#22 MoeMan949222

MoeMan949222

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE (TheMoho @ Aug 14 2004, 07:17 PM)
What were to happen if i put a real or backup game in my PC DVD Drive (Sony DRU-510a)???

The PC won't recognize it.

#23 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 15 August 2004 - 02:22 PM

For a real game, not much. It would register it as a 13MB movie. You could open it with a DVD player on your PC but it would just tell you that it's an Xbox game disc and to put it in your Xbox to play.

#24 RESMONKEY2

RESMONKEY2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 05:35 PM

DVD wizard is jsut a collection of freeware. it has a bunch of Freeware DVD movie backup tools. only a poor written copy of how to backup xbox games, which doesnt work at all.

#25 TigerKP

TigerKP

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 10:19 PM

How can I copy XBOX games with GAmesxCopy? I have a DVD burner.

#26 jbbkt

jbbkt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (jokk @ Dec 20 2003, 07:54 AM)

"PC drive reads TOC on layer 1 when the "real" TOC of xbox disc is on layer 2...
Layer 1 on xbox disc contains a DVD video compatible datas..."

how can i get my dvd burner (pioneer dvr-105) to read the 2nd layer, I have tried using nero, alcohol 120% and also sonic record now and all seem to just take the top layer and not the game.
When trying I have put the xbox disc in my burner driver set the read and write drives as the same and done a copy disc to disc. Is there a better method or program I should be using? I tried to ftp to my xbox using SMART FTP but when a game is in the xbox the connection is lost and the game automatically runs. Im kinda new to all this so dont know how to stop that happening.

#27 takezo-dono

takezo-dono

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 03:14 AM

At the moment the only way to copy an Xbox game is with evox and FTP.
The only way that it would be posible to read XBOX fileformat or access files on an Xbox Game is to emulate xbox OS (playstation emulators require a playstation BIOS bin file.)on your PC. This is no easy task. A basic emulator would not be sufficiant to play game on your PC, however it would allow you to access the files the XBox game theoreticaly. I know that people are attemting to create an xbox emulator but these are in very early stages and require the files be extracted from the disk which means that for now FTP is the only way. MS knew people were coping playstation games on their PC, so they found a way to prevent that. But I bet they never expected people would use the XBOX it's self to copy games.

#28 onlinebacon

onlinebacon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 September 2004 - 03:53 PM

I was wondering whether this will work, I put a Original XBOX game into my DVD rom in my PC, i copy all of the stuff to the hard drive from that Cd, I then take the XBOX game out of the drive in my PC and put a blank DVD-r in, then all it is is copying from the hard drive to my DVD-R, will this work or am i on the wrong lines?

#29 cyph

cyph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (PrinceVegeta978 @ Mar 7 2004, 01:23 PM)
MOD EDIT: You can make a backup of a Xbox backup fine with your PC. Originals though won't work.

Well guys here's the story. My dvd burner crapped out 2 weeks ago so i wasn't

able to test this with a dvd. But here's what i did. I took a small game called

Zapper (its about a cricket) that i had on my xbox, backed it up to a Memorex cd,

and put it in my cd-rom drive. I then put a blank cd in my cd burner, opened Sonic

RecordNow Deluxe and did a disc to disc copy. And well, it worked.

I also tried this with 3 other small games i had and it worked fine. I also used

Alcohol 120% with the same results. I havent tried this with a dvd so i dont know.

Maybe someone can test it with a dvd burner and put some feedback here.

beerchug.gif

So, has anyone tryed what vegeta suggests? Just put a X-box dvd in the dvd drive and an empty one in the dvd-r drive and copy it? anyone succeded?

#30 Mixing_Piccolo

Mixing_Piccolo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 02:51 PM

I have another question. I'm ripping games from my xbox to my pc very often. Than make an ISO and then burn it blablabla easy as H*LL. But if I ripped Fable, made an ISO and burnt it, my xbox says: There might eb something wrond with the disc you are using (dirty or damaged). What can I do to fix it? Isn't there a program wich can copy your xbox game directly instead of ripping it? So your pc/dvd-drive doesn't have to read the files on your Xbox disc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users