• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 September 2004 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (cyph @ Sep 22 2004, 03:30 AM)
So, has anyone tryed what vegeta suggests? Just put a X-box dvd in the dvd drive and an empty one in the dvd-r drive and copy it? anyone succeded?

ONLY with a backed up game (in UDF format). Original games WILL NOT WORK.

I have another question. I'm ripping games from my xbox to my pc very often. Than make an ISO and then burn it blablabla easy as H*LL. But if I ripped Fable, made an ISO and burnt it, my xbox says: There might eb something wrond with the disc you are using (dirty or damaged). What can I do to fix it? Isn't there a program wich can copy your xbox game directly instead of ripping it? So your pc/dvd-drive doesn't have to read the files on your Xbox disc?

This was answered in the FIRST post. It is not possible. You need an Xbox (and ENTIRE Xbox, not just the DVD drive) to decrypt the game disc. You can't simply use the DVD drive in your PC. If you could... we'd all do it to make our lives easier.

#32 Crazy Priest

Crazy Priest

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 September 2004 - 06:33 AM

CODE
I have another question.....What can I do to fix it? Isn't there a program wich can copy your xbox game directly instead of ripping it? So your pc/dvd-drive doesn't have to read the files on your Xbox disc?

1. Try to change your blank media dvd on your burner and make the burning steps one by one carefully.(Are you burning with Nero?)
2. No program to copy and burn a Xbox game directly.FTPing must be done everytime you want to make a back-up.There's nothing you can do about it.
3. PC/DVD drives wont read Xbox files from a original ms disc.(unless you replace your xbox drive with a pc common drive).

Crazy Priest
{::cpu21.tk::}
-----------------------------------------------------
"NoThing Is UnDoAble & UnCrackAble....."
Xbox Vers: 1.0
DVD Drive: Thompson Drive
Mod Chip: XeCuTeR 2.3b
Dash: Evox +3935
HDD: WesternDigital MS

#33 jbbkt

jbbkt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (takezo-dono @ Aug 22 2004, 04:17 AM)
At the moment the only way to copy an Xbox game is with evox and FTP.

Where can i get evox from, when i get it do i install it via ftp to my xbox c:/ drive??? will it automatically run itself?

wink.gif unsure.gif uhh.gif

#34 mephistoph

mephistoph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 07:01 AM

Is anyone working on an emulator that would be able to bridge the gap of XBox media on a PC?

I know what everyone says (and I'll probably be flamed for posting this) that it is IMPOSSIBLE to copy XBox discs, or read them, on a PC DVD drive. Didn't they say that it would be impossible to hack ANY platform out there when the platform first hit the market? Look at the difficulty there is in taking arcade games and porting them to a PC. Not only do you have to program software to handle the data of incompatible systems, but you need to physically create a circuit board to connect the two together to even get the data. Same as Nintendo cartridges and Sega cartridges. We just take them for granted because they've been around a lot longer than the current consoles.

Yes, I understand there are bios limits, there are hardware limits. But take this for example - the bios on one of my older computers could only recognize up to a 130 or so GB HD. I installed a 200GB drive on it. Interestingly enough the manufacturer of the new drive had a prog which when run allowed Win2K to recognize the HD to it's full capacity.

What about that bios limit? It's still there. I can boot into it and see that it doesn't recognize the hard drive as a 200GB drive.

So the question is, does anyone know of anyone working on a XBox Emu that does what needs to be done to affect PC hardware in the manner of an XBox?

As far as reading a disc - how's this logic - if it is possible to put a different manufacturer drive in the XBox and have it work - then is it a specific function of the drive itself? No. It's software control. All DVD drives that are out there can read a second layer of a DVD regardless. Otherwise how would you watch about 75% of the movies out there? Most movies have the menu, extras, and such on one layer and then the actual movie on another. Other times you can actually catch the layer change when watching a movie. There will be a 1 to two second (or less depending on the player) pause about a third to halfway through the movie. So, whether or not it reads the menu system on layer 1 or layer 2 is irrelevant. It's up to the software to dictate which points to look at first and how to decode them. The software, in the case of an XBox, is hard coded into a chip on the main board.

Sorry for the long commentary. It's just frustrating to see so many people say "It's impossible to read an XBox disc on a PC" and site all these reasons when no one really knows why or how exactly. What everyone should be saying is that no one smarter than they has come forward with a program to do what they say is impossible.

#35 wizard568

wizard568

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 10:01 PM

You can backup your origianl games.
first you need to make network connection between your xbox and your pc.
then by using DVD 2 XBOX on your console copy the game in to your favoite destention.
Now you need this utility called Qwix. Run it and go to create ISO.
use ftp folder and browse through your xbox till you find the folder of your saved game.
then choose create ISO and save the game in to your pc.
Now use Nero, or Alcohol to burn your ISO to a DVD or CD.
Finally, slide your copy to your XBOX and enjoy. ph34r.gif

#36 sayguh

sayguh

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 December 2004 - 02:27 PM

What if I turned my Laptop upside down, put the game in right side up, and then ran in counter-clockwise circles while I burned the game, would that work help?

I'm not gona bash people for trying to find a way to copy an xbox game with there PC but geez, read up on it first. I have a feeling it's a little more complicated than a lot of you people think.

You got the one side that's like, drrrrr, what if my cat licks the keyboard while i dance around wear'n a hat. And then you got the sprinkling of people who know the discs inside and out "PC drive reads TOC on layer 1 when the "real" TOC of xbox disc is on layer 2...Layer 1 on xbox disc contains a DVD video compatible datas..."

I know i don't know much 'bout the whole thing. What I do know is that if there ever is a way to do it, the people who DO know everything will inform us all. beerchug.gif

Sorry fellas just wanted to rant. grr.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users