9 replies to this topic

#1 Raths

Raths

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 07:33 PM

after seeing all the posts on here I begin to wonder if xbox owners ever actually find a suitable dvd media that works every time

#2 madpsxrules

madpsxrules

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:20 PM

But after seeing all the posts on here you must also see the xbox is almost the ultimate machine as you play games off HDD and can play PS1 N64 SNES etc and XBOX games of course on it....

I hear they are also trying to make a PS2 emulator I dont have high hopes for that but fingers crossed.

#3 BGreet

BGreet

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:39 PM

ps2 emulator? that can already be shut down even n64 is still sketchy smile.gif xbox just doesnt have the power to emulate ps2

#4 madpsxrules

madpsxrules

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:41 PM

Yeah thought so... I just dream of one day playing FInal Fantasy 10 on the Xbox... oh and Suikoden 3 cause I dont have a ps2 and dont wanna get one... sad.gif

#5 XDAWG

XDAWG

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 August 2003 - 01:57 AM

Ritek dvd-r works every time for me.

XDAWG

#6 ZASADAR

ZASADAR

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 August 2003 - 02:03 AM

im told the only way it will run if its not emulated that would proly need a realy big modchip lol

#7 Tech_N8ne

Tech_N8ne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (BGreet @ Aug 14 2003, 01:39 AM)
ps2 emulator? that can already be shut down even n64 is still sketchy smile.gif xbox just doesnt have the power to emulate ps2

You could always use the trailer-trash method to solve your ps2 emulation problems...... get your ps2 and xbox and duct tape them together....... BAAAM there ya go

#8 madpsxrules

madpsxrules

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 10:06 AM

Damn those Olsen twins are gettin fine as they get older... only prob is I keep remembering those damn full house days.... sad.gif

#9 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 August 2003 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (Raths @ Aug 13 2003, 01:33 PM)
after seeing all the posts on here I begin to wonder if xbox owners ever actually find a suitable dvd media that works every time

Yes, most do. The people who post about media questions are usually just starting out.

It is a matter of finding what media is most compatible with your XBOX. One you find that, however, you're golden and no more problems.

I went through the same thing with my set top DVD players. Trying to find media that worked well in all of them for movies. My Sony still throws me for a loop every now and then.

#10 LinksAwakening

LinksAwakening

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 August 2003 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (ZASADAR @ Aug 14 2003, 03:03 AM)
im told the only way it will run if its not emulated that would proly need a realy big modchip lol

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, but the size of any modchip would have no effect on whether or not it will play PS2 games...

I wouldn't hold my breath for a PS2 Emulator... Considering there isn't even one for PC that runs commercial games yet...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users