• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 singingpie

singingpie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 06:09 PM

after failing at the gamesave exploit attempt (i was able to ftp files etc. but something was wrong) i decided that i would try updating to XBlive dashboard and try it again. i got rid of all the evox etc. files and returned everything back to normal EXCEPT default.xbe I kinda...didn't back that file up before i replaced it. i didn't realize this till later. so now i have all the files unaltered and everything except for default.xbe

when there is no game in the drive it boot loops, tries to load the dashboard but can't and then restarts again. but when there is an original game in it,it loads it. of course i tried loading the MA save hack but when i chose it in campaign, there is no level to select so when i press a it freezes.

could this kind of be like the clock loop problem, so i can just leave it on or try that pressing eject at the right time trick. or is it permenent and i have to get it modded?

#2 Elect5

Elect5

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 08:00 AM

Major N00b here (as can be seen by post count),

I accedentaly deleted my default.xbe file when I was ftping the evox file. I forgot about it and everytime I turn on my xbox it boots up to a black screen w/ a # 21 in the corner. It wont load games or the M$dash. WHAT HAVE I DONE TO MY POOR XBOX!?!?!? blink.gif

#3 singingpie

singingpie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 11:17 AM

haha

at least mine still plays originals. i have the default.xbe still but its the one that comes with freexevox. i just can't go to the ANY dashboard. and i can't reload the hacked save because for some reason when i chose RUN LINUX it goes to level select. there's no level and when you press A it freezes.

#4 crackbaby

crackbaby

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 August 2003 - 12:06 PM

elec,
You must have deleted your dashboard. default.xbe is usually cd/dvd. You should be able to boot from an evox disc, FTP to it and drop a new M$dash on your C drive. Should be able to download a M$dash, you're not the first to delete it. I take it you don't have your evox booting off the C drive right? What are you runnin for a chip & BIOS?

#5 singingpie

singingpie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 12:17 PM

well if we're doing the gamesave exploit, why would we have a chip

or, why would we be doing the exploit if we did have a chip

i never even had a chance to flash the bios

Edited by singingpie, 15 August 2003 - 12:18 PM.

#6 crackbaby

crackbaby

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 August 2003 - 04:15 PM

ya I'm smokin crack over here.... -crackbaby

#7 singingpie

singingpie