draken333

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 August 2003 - 12:39 AM

Ok i modded my new xbox about a week ago. I Have a V. 1.3 xbox, and a X 2.2 lite + Mod chip. I have a 120 WD Hard drive. I have Slayers evox installer installed, and bios EX 2 4977. Everything has been running smoothly, all games play fine. I have about 17 games on so far, But recently they have been freezing. This is becoming more common as the days go by.
Now i dont know if this is my xbox, hard drive my dash or what. I was playing wolfenstien about 10 mins ago and it froze then i could hear my hard drive...it made a constant sound like it was stuck, so i dont know is that my hard drive, is it defective.
Then sometimes when i reset games it freezes and never gets back to the dashboard.
Does anyone know whats going on????
I would say it runs fine about 90% of the time, but every couple times out of the day a game will freeze, and its really annoying.

#2 jC!

jC!

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • Interests:Xbox - AudioPhile
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 August 2003 - 01:06 AM

How warm is the room your Xbox is in? It could be a defective HD but it may just be it's overheating. If the room the Xbox is in reaches above about 85F or 90F, the HD could overheat and begain to fail, stalling your xbox.

#3 olah

olah

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 01:21 AM

werd mine too. 108F Mobo, 122F CPU. dunno bout the HDD. once in a while, it'll give me code 07. then i gotta reboot over and over and over until it works. after that it works fine. then a few days, weeks later, does it again. wierd.

#4 draken333

draken333

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 01:25 AM

No my room is not that hot, its a comfortable temp. like 70-75. If my Hard drive was defective dont you think though it wouldnt work at all....I mean it works 90% of the time. Do you think my xbox could be overheating. When i look at the temperature It says.
MB temp, 113 F
CPU temp 133 F.
IS that normal or is that too hot?

#5 olah

olah

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 01:42 AM

wierd,, mines always at 122F..u'rs is 133F. Pretty high i believe

#6 mastertito4

mastertito4

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 01:45 AM

i think this is what happened to my box and now its nuked... i think u need to patch all the new games or they freeze, and the more ur xbox freezes the worse and worse it gets (i think? my hypothesis...)

#7 draken333

draken333

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 02:15 AM

Well some of the games i play like THPS 4 isnt a new game, and it doesnt need to be patched, but it has froze a couple of times.

#8 jC!

jC!

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • Interests:Xbox - AudioPhile
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 August 2003 - 02:34 AM

It sounds like overheating to me. Some HDs get hotter then others. Even in 70-75f temp. try playing with the top off for a few days and see if it continues to stall up. If it stops stalling, consider doing a fan mod to your HD

#9 DermicSavage

DermicSavage

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 02:40 AM

also just to be sure, i had a problem of freezing and it turned out there were some bad cahce files on the Z partition, i would suggest goin thru and deleting the cache off the X Y and Z partitons as they are supposed to be deleted anyway

#10 Rubbernec

Rubbernec

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (DermicSavage @ Aug 15 2003, 04:40 AM)
also just to be sure, i had a problem of freezing and it turned out there were some bad cahce files on the Z partition, i would suggest goin thru and deleting the cache off the X Y and Z partitons as they are supposed to be deleted anyway

so any Data on X Y and Z can be deleted? or are there supossed to be cache folders on each partition. i'm having an issue with freezing, i feel it's because of corrupted cache. any feedback appreciated

#11 WodMan

WodMan

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 12:13 PM

i could hear my hard drive...it made a constant sound like it was stuck, so i dont know is that my hard drive, is it defective.

If your hard drive is making anything other than the normal activity noise it is bad. A hard drive that is about to go will give you the freezing problems that you have.

i think u need to patch all the new games or they freeze

I have just about every game that there is and have never had a problem with any of them freezing when playing from the hard drive. Actually I had a problem with one, and that was because I was transferring the files through FlashFXP to my PC then the xbox. Once I used a utility to copy right from the XBOX DVD to the XBOX HDD it was fine.

As long as you have the latest bios you should not need to patch any games.

I would say if you have a bad hard drive, try swapping out for a known good and see what happens, that will tell you for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users