• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pringleman

pringleman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 02:32 PM

Hello, I'm having a problem getting two different xbe's to show up on the menu on a multigame dvd. I did a search and found a topic discussing this problem but unfortunately the solution didn't work for me.

Here is my MXM.xml

<Config>
<Main>
<DiscTitle>Game Compilation</DiscTitle>
<DiscSubtitle>Games</DiscSubtitle>
<RemoveDuplicates>False</RemoveDuplicates>
</Main>
<OverRides>
<PreviewSuspendMusic>True</PreviewSuspendMusic>
<ForceRandomMusic>False</ForceRandomMusic>
</OverRides>
</Config>

and here is the MXM_Entry.xml for the folder with the two xbe's:

<Config>
<Item>
<Title>xbe 1</Title>
<Description>xbe 1</Description>
<Exe>default.xbe</Exe>
</Item>
<Item>
<Title>xbe 2</Title>
<Description>xbe 2</Description>
<Exe>xbe2.xbe</Exe>
</Item>
</Config>

I have also tried just placing all the items into the MXM.xml file but then none of those entries appeared and MXM just ended up building the menu with all the items on my harddrive. This is with version 0.9n.4 Beta. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#2 Schweeze

Schweeze

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 05:56 PM

why don't you put them into separate folders in the multigame folder that you're making an iso out of... then change xbe2.xbe to default.xbe? or is there a specific reason you're avoiding this?

#3 pringleman

pringleman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 03:51 AM

The reason I don't want to do that is because both xbe's is for the same game. The second one is just a hacked version of the first.

#4 tracy2420

tracy2420

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:RC,PC,XBOX,VIDEO PRODUCTION
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 August 2003 - 12:15 PM

You might want to re-read your question, you dont need any help with this matter. It had been answered already.

#5 pringleman

pringleman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 12:50 PM

What do you mean? On the menu only one of the xbe's show up on the menu and I want both of them to show up. I need help figuring out how to get them both to show up.

#6 ryrager

ryrager

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:15 AM

My guess is that under "Configuration" -> "Automenu" you have "Remove Duplicates" set to "Yes" and or "Show only Default.xbe" set to "Yes" blink.gif

#7 pringleman

pringleman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:56 AM

I don't use MXM as a dashboard, only as a multigame DVD launcher. I don't see any way to get to the configuration menu when MXM is used on a dvd. Configuration isn't listed on the menu that comes up when I press the Y button. Isn't the default for "Show only default.xbe" set to false? If not, do you know if I can disable it in my mxm.xml?

Also I already have "remove duplicates" set to false in my mxm.xml so that shouldn't be the one causing it. Unless there's a bug like the one that ignores the setting for global music, but I haven't seen anybody else mention it, so it's highly unlikely.

One last thing, is having two items in the MXM_Entry.xml the correct way of getting two xbe's in one folder to show up in the menu? I couldn't find any other way to do it so I figured it was the only way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users