EEPROM is a chip on your Xbox's motherboard. EvolutionX creates a file, EEPROM.BIN, which contains the readings of the EEPROM.
If you replace your Xbox HD with a different HD, the EEPROM does not change, because it is a chip on the XBox's motherboard.
Configmagic Final is a Xbox application that runs on your Xbox.
GETTING THE EEPROM FILE FROM THE UNBANNED XBOX
1. In EvolutionX, do the "Backup" command in the Utilities menu. It will generate files about your Xbox specs.
2. FTP in your Xbox, or use a file manager tool, and in C:\\Backup, you will find a file called EEPROM.BIN
3. FTP that to your PC HD or remember its location for future reference.
SETTING UP THE FILE FOR CONFIGMAGIC FINAL FOR THE BANNED XBOX
1. Once you have Configmagic Final loaded onto your HD or on your PC, there will be a directory in it called DATA.
2. Move the EEPROM.BIN file, that EvolutionX generated, into that DATA directory, overwriting the EEPROM.BIN file that is already there.
3. If you are making a Configmagic Final CD, you can now make the ISO of it and burn it. Xbox HD users, don't worry.
RUNNING CONFIGMAGIC FINAL
1. Load up Configmagic Final.
2. A warning screen will be shown, press "A" to bypass it.
3. When Configmagic Final finally loads, it will show your current EEPROM on your Xbox. Make a note of the DVD KIT ZONE and VIDEO AND XBE REGION information.
"NTSC, Region 1" for US Xbox gamers
"PAL, Region 4" for UK Xbox gamers
4. Select "LOAD XBOX EEPROM" in the menu.
5. Select "UNLOCK HD" in the menu.
6. Load the EEPROM.BIN file in the DATA directory by choosing "LOAD EEPROM FROM .BIN FILE"
7. If you see that the VIDEO AND XBE REGION information is different, you MUST change it. Go into the menu and choose "ON-THE-FLY EDIT EEPROM". Change the VIDEO AND XBE REGION number to the proper information of your former EEPROM.
8. Now, select "UPDATE XBOX EEPROM" in the menu.
9. Your Xbox's EEPROM will now be updated with the file in the DATA directory.
10. In the menu, select "LOAD XBOX EEPROM". You will notice your EEPROM is now different! Success
11. Select "LOCK HD" from the menu.
12. Select "EXIT CONFIGMAGIC" in the menu.
- If you were using the XBOX DVD KIT to play DVDs, and the Xbox gives an error about region, load up Configmagic and change the DVD KIT ZONE number to the number of your previous EEPROM. UNLOCK the HD, choose "ON-THE-FLY EDIT EEPROM" in the menu and simply change the DVD KIT ZONE number. Then, UPDATE XBOX EEPROM and LOCK HD. Exit Configmagic.
- You can view any Xbox EEPROM using your PC by getting Liveinfo PC program. It will show all the details of an EEPROM.BIN file. You might find it easier to edit any possible changes to your DVD KIT ZONE or VIDEO AND XBE REGION using the program, rather ON-THE-FLY EDIT EEPROM in Configmagic.
- Sometimes, with a PAL EEPROM, your Xbox's time might be wrong or video settings will be different. Go into the MS dash and change the settings to the way you seem fit
- Always be sure to use the most current version of Configmagic. The current version is:
Edited by shanafan, 06 February 2004 - 12:18 AM.