shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 August 2003 - 10:05 PM

If you are banned from Xbox Live, you will need an unbanned EEPROM since MS bans your EEPROM if you access Xbox Live with your modchip on. Getting a new, unbanned Xbox can be achieved by getting it from a friend's Xbox, or seeing if a website is selling them.

EEPROM is a chip on your Xbox's motherboard. EvolutionX creates a file, EEPROM.BIN, which contains the readings of the EEPROM.

If you replace your Xbox HD with a different HD, the EEPROM does not change, because it is a chip on the XBox's motherboard.

Configmagic Final is a Xbox application that runs on your Xbox.

GETTING THE EEPROM FILE FROM THE UNBANNED XBOX
1. In EvolutionX, do the "Backup" command in the Utilities menu. It will generate files about your Xbox specs.
2. FTP in your Xbox, or use a file manager tool, and in C:\\Backup, you will find a file called EEPROM.BIN
3. FTP that to your PC HD or remember its location for future reference.

SETTING UP THE FILE FOR CONFIGMAGIC FINAL FOR THE BANNED XBOX
1. Once you have Configmagic Final loaded onto your HD or on your PC, there will be a directory in it called DATA.
2. Move the EEPROM.BIN file, that EvolutionX generated, into that DATA directory, overwriting the EEPROM.BIN file that is already there.
3. If you are making a Configmagic Final CD, you can now make the ISO of it and burn it. Xbox HD users, don't worry.

RUNNING CONFIGMAGIC FINAL
1. Load up Configmagic Final.
2. A warning screen will be shown, press "A" to bypass it.
3. When Configmagic Final finally loads, it will show your current EEPROM on your Xbox. Make a note of the DVD KIT ZONE and VIDEO AND XBE REGION information.

"NTSC, Region 1" for US Xbox gamers
"PAL, Region 4" for UK Xbox gamers

4. Select "LOAD XBOX EEPROM" in the menu.
5. Select "UNLOCK HD" in the menu.
6. Load the EEPROM.BIN file in the DATA directory by choosing "LOAD EEPROM FROM .BIN FILE"
7. If you see that the VIDEO AND XBE REGION information is different, you MUST change it. Go into the menu and choose "ON-THE-FLY EDIT EEPROM". Change the VIDEO AND XBE REGION number to the proper information of your former EEPROM.
8. Now, select "UPDATE XBOX EEPROM" in the menu.
9. Your Xbox's EEPROM will now be updated with the file in the DATA directory.
10. In the menu, select "LOAD XBOX EEPROM". You will notice your EEPROM is now different! Success
11. Select "LOCK HD" from the menu.
12. Select "EXIT CONFIGMAGIC" in the menu.

IMPORTANT TIPS
- If you were using the XBOX DVD KIT to play DVDs, and the Xbox gives an error about region, load up Configmagic and change the DVD KIT ZONE number to the number of your previous EEPROM. UNLOCK the HD, choose "ON-THE-FLY EDIT EEPROM" in the menu and simply change the DVD KIT ZONE number. Then, UPDATE XBOX EEPROM and LOCK HD. Exit Configmagic.
- You can view any Xbox EEPROM using your PC by getting Liveinfo PC program. It will show all the details of an EEPROM.BIN file. You might find it easier to edit any possible changes to your DVD KIT ZONE or VIDEO AND XBE REGION using the program, rather ON-THE-FLY EDIT EEPROM in Configmagic.
- Sometimes, with a PAL EEPROM, your Xbox's time might be wrong or video settings will be different. Go into the MS dash and change the settings to the way you seem fit
- Always be sure to use the most current version of Configmagic. The current version is:

Configmagic Final

Edited by shanafan, 06 February 2004 - 12:18 AM.

#2 bombzhome

bombzhome

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Xbox, and MORE XBOX!
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 August 2003 - 02:40 AM

P-I-N-!-!-!

#3 rahula

rahula

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Interests:boose,food and chicks. Yeah Xbox too..
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 16 August 2003 - 03:07 AM

PIN please.
By the way, if you are getting IP 0.0.0.0 after successfully flashed with new eeprom, you may need to assign different IP if static or let the router choose the IP if Dynamic. Your previous IP and MAC address will not work no more and if you don't change that you can't connect. You need to know alittle bit about networking too. biggrin.gif
Ok. Back on LIVE again. no more fooling around . cool.gif

#4 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (rahula @ Aug 16 2003, 12:07 AM)
PIN please.
By the way, if you are getting IP 0.0.0.0 after successfully flashed with new eeprom, you may need to assign different IP if static or let the router choose the IP if Dynamic. Your previous IP and MAC address will not work no more and if you don't change that you can't connect. You need to know alittle bit about networking too. biggrin.gif
Ok. Back on LIVE again. no more fooling around . cool.gif

Yes, the MAC address is different in each EEPROM

#5 TheKing

TheKing

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 04:25 PM

Is it okay to modify the XBE & Video Region of the new eeprom? Wouldn't MS be able to detect that XBE & Video Region has been changed from the original in your new eeprom and ban you again?

#6 rahula

rahula

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Interests:boose,food and chicks. Yeah Xbox too..

Posted 16 August 2003 - 04:39 PM

I guess not. Thus why you have on the fly eeprom edit if you happen to get a new PAL eeprom and wanna use in NTSC system. cool.gif

#7 anomousny

anomousny

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (shanafan @ Aug 15 2003, 11:05 PM)

Is it possible to use XBOX-Live if I change my EEPROM to "NTSC, Region 4" or will MS ban my XBOX, because this is no regular combination?

The advantage of "NTSC, Region 4" would be, that you can play most PAL-Games with HDTV support. If you use the regular "PAL, Region 4" settings the dashboard doesn't offer HDTV settings.

#8 assmonkey

assmonkey

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 10:16 PM

i want to instal a new hd
and box has never been on live Yet!!!

do i still need to load my eeprom,to lock my drive?

#9 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (assmonkey @ Aug 25 2003, 07:16 PM)
i want to instal a new hd
and box has never been on live Yet!!!

do i still need to load my eeprom,to lock my drive?

Yes, the new HD has to be locked, but since your Xbox hasn't been on Live, no worries about your EEPROM. Just be sure to use Xbox Live with your modchip off.

#10 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (anomousny @ Aug 25 2003, 07:05 PM)
QUOTE (shanafan @ Aug 15 2003, 11:05 PM)

Is it possible to use XBOX-Live if I change my EEPROM to "NTSC, Region 4" or will MS ban my XBOX, because this is no regular combination?

The advantage of "NTSC, Region 4" would be, that you can play most PAL-Games with HDTV support. If you use the regular "PAL, Region 4" settings the dashboard doesn't offer HDTV settings.

If you changed your EEPROM to "NTSC, Region 4", I would expect some bad video quality when your Xbox boots after the change. Since there is no such value.

I suggest you don't do it.

#11 anomousny

anomousny

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (shanafan @ Aug 26 2003, 02:06 AM)
If you changed your EEPROM to "NTSC, Region 4", I would expect some bad video quality when your Xbox boots after the change. Since there is no such value.

I already did it and it works fine - no video problems at all. Most PAL games are working with HDTV support this way - even if the modchip is turned off. I don't know of any other solution to get that result.

The only thing I am afraid of, is to use XBOX Live, because I don't know if MS will ban my XBOX if they detect a non intended combination of videomode and regional code. Is anyone able to take away my fears, because he succesfully tried XBOX Live with that setting already? Or do all other european HDTV/VGA users switch back to RGB for XBOX Live?

Edited by anomousny, 26 August 2003 - 02:42 AM.

#12 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 03:05 AM

Oh, I see what you mean now about the video setting, I read it too fast before.

But anyways, I would still say it will be a risk about signing onto Live with the modified EEPROM that has a setting that a stock EEPROM wouldn't have.

#13 assmonkey

assmonkey

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 03:23 AM

thanks shanafan

#14 black_light

black_light

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 28 August 2003 - 09:22 PM

... kinda confusing but i can do it, a big TY to shanafan biggrin.gif

#15 Anomaly

Anomaly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 11:47 PM

Something that concerns me is that as I have a Japanese Xbox, Config magic reports the region as "UNKNOWN - region 2".

I have made a backup and moved it to the /Data folder for config magic (just in case) but I wonder if config magic really understands this version?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users