He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 September 2003 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (Anomaly @ Sep 9 2003, 08:47 PM)
Something that concerns me is that as I have a Japanese Xbox, Config magic reports the region as "UNKNOWN - region 2".

I have made a backup and moved it to the /Data folder for config magic (just in case) but I wonder if config magic really understands this version?

If it displays everything else correctly, then just edit the region to your region.

#17 Anomaly

Anomaly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 04:40 AM

So if I had to, I'd type "UNKNOWN" into config magic?. Don't you think that CM is just displaying "UNKNOWN" because it does not understand the actual info in the eeprom file?. It is supposed to say NTSC-J... I bet that the CM people just never had a chance to test it on an NTSC-J machine.

#18 zipdoa

zipdoa

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 10:24 PM

Damn fucking straight how the FUCK did you figure that out...

I'm seroiusly gonna donate a SHITLOAD of cash to this site.

#19 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 12:11 AM

I deleted the posts in this about finding Configmagic.

Read this

#20 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 01:01 PM

Is this not worthy of a PIN?

#21 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (ChrisF @ Sep 17 2003, 10:01 AM)
Is this not worthy of a PIN?

It is "pinned".

Its under "Tutorials About Xbox Live On A Modded Xbox"

#22 bho76

bho76

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 01:32 AM

UH oH!!!

I think i screwed my box up! flashed my eeprom but now i have a biger problem... error code 6

says it is a hard drive problem. could it be that by falshing my eeprom its to the mobo but doesn't flash the hard drive? so now my hd is not compatible? this sucks...

#23 BLoTt0_AI

BLoTt0_AI

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 12:49 AM

you need to boot evox from a cd and restore your old eeprom, then unlock your hard drive.
After that, you can lock it with your new eeprom.

#24 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (bho76 @ Sep 21 2003, 10:32 PM)
UH oH!!!

I think i screwed my box up! flashed my eeprom but now i have a biger problem... error code 6

says it is a hard drive problem. could it be that by falshing my eeprom its to the mobo but doesn't flash the hard drive? so now my hd is not compatible? this sucks...

The EEPROM that your HD was locked with doesn't match the EEPROM on your Xbox's motherboard.

So, did you switch hard drives?

#25 mpage

mpage

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 02:44 PM

Ok ... for my very first post <trumpets sounding> I've got a problem. After carefully following the tutorial (a thousand thanks shanafan), everything changed correctly in config magic. After locking the hd and powering down, turning off the chip, and booting to M$ dash, i got hit with the network troubleshooter. Everything checked out, but it said it was unable to connect to live. I also noticed that the S/N didn't show up in the troubleshooter. But its displayed in config magic. What went wrong?

I have retried this 3 times, and each time I load my old EEPROM up, the S/N is displayed. But then I load the new one, it does not. Does this indicate that the EEPROM is bad?

Edited by mpage, 23 September 2003 - 06:14 PM.

#26 bho76

bho76

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 03:19 PM

ok fixed it... used atapwd to unlock my drive.. it worked... I tried using a boot cd of evox but that wouldn't work as well. but im good to go now.. can i lock my drive using evox now? jsut curios. or is there somewhere i have to put the backup on my hd?

#27 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (bho76 @ Sep 23 2003, 12:19 PM)
ok fixed it... used atapwd to unlock my drive.. it worked... I tried using a boot cd of evox but that wouldn't work as well. but im good to go now.. can i lock my drive using evox now? jsut curios. or is there somewhere i have to put the backup on my hd?

You can lock your HD using the new version of EvolutionX, 3921. Or, you can lock it using Configmagic.

What about a backup?

#28 bho76

bho76

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 07:30 PM

by backup i meant that the eeprom info and hdd key info in the backup file need to be placed somewhere on the hdd in a specific folder. This was the first time i ever changed my eeprom and i dont know why it locked my drive and kept me from being able to use it but it did.

But it works again but i have not loced it i was wondering if it aotu configures it for you or if the info does not need to be on the drive at all. even though i thought it had to be

#29 bigdawg10163

bigdawg10163

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 01:55 PM

sorry theres one thing i dont get... it says to replace the eeprom.bin file in the configmagic data folder witht he one that evox generated... isnt that replacing it wit the one thats already banned... arent u supposed to replace it wit the new one u got that isnt banned.... maybe i am not readint it right and i am being a tard...thanx

#30 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (bigdawg10163 @ Sep 25 2003, 10:55 AM)
sorry theres one thing i dont get... it says to replace the eeprom.bin file in the configmagic data folder witht he one that evox generated... isnt that replacing it wit the one thats already banned... arent u supposed to replace it wit the new one u got that isnt banned.... maybe i am not readint it right and i am being a tard...thanx

Well I did a little edit. I was meaning the unbanned EEPROM from the Xbox it is on. I hope the new edit makes it a little more clear wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users