179 replies to this topic

#31 bigdawg10163

bigdawg10163

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 11:52 PM

yea ok thanx... just got banned the other day.... dont think i logged on wit my chip on and they still caught me.... and disconnecting the network cable every time is too much work....i bought xbox live last year and and have played on it maybe 3 or 4 times....but when halo 2 and other good games come out i am on this whole new eeprom thing

#32 tomtin

tomtin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 01:14 AM

I just wanted to let everyone know that using configmagic final to change your eeprom worked like a charm. However, I found out the hard way that PSO's save data must be directly linked with your eeprom, bc there is no way I can load anything from my save files, even when I put back the old hard drive (unlocked of course). I didn't see any posts about this so I figured I would let everyone know that when you change your eeprom, your PSO saves are garbage.

#33 Joshua Wood

Joshua Wood

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 03:28 AM

Does the version of your xbox matter? I have a banned 1.0 eeprom, which I want to install to my 1.1 xbox (so I can save my unbanned eeprom for future use and from accidently banning wink.gif

I've loaded up Liveinfo and changed the region and country/dvd thingies, but there is also a drop down box to choose the xbox version. Does this matter? I did change it from 1.0 to 1.1, so this should be all ok to just flash? My drive is already unlocked and I don't need to lock it right now, so it will stay unlocked.

Cheers,
Josh

#34 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 November 2003 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (Joshua Wood @ Nov 9 2003, 11:28 PM)
Does the version of your xbox matter? I have a banned 1.0 eeprom, which I want to install to my 1.1 xbox (so I can save my unbanned eeprom for future use and from accidently banning wink.gif

I've loaded up Liveinfo and changed the region and country/dvd thingies, but there is also a drop down box to choose the xbox version. Does this matter? I did change it from 1.0 to 1.1, so this should be all ok to just flash? My drive is already unlocked and I don't need to lock it right now, so it will stay unlocked.

Cheers,
Josh

Configmagic Final allows any version Xbox EEPROM to be used on any version Xbox.

So, no worries wink.gif

#35 V1510N

V1510N

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 November 2003 - 11:51 AM

I got a pal eeprom from a friend but i have a ntsc box, wen i put the eeprom.bin in the data folder, then open configmagic and unlock my hdd, then go to load eeprom from .bin i get this error message: eeprom encrypted region invalid. it is the only eeprom in the data folder, there was never a eeprom in the folder before that one. Any ideas why im gettim this message?

#36 3thirteen

3thirteen

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 04:56 AM

You should add this to the tutorial you put Shanafan.

Getting the EEPROM of an unmodded xbox without the use of FTP:
1. Run the 007 Gamesave exploit
2. Run ConfigMagic and backup the EEPROM
3. Open BoXplorer and copy the EEPROM image to a gamesave folder.
4. Run MS Dash and copy that same gamesave to your memory card.
5. Put memory card in modded xbox and copy the gamesave to the hdd using MS Dash.
6. Open BoXplorer and copy the EEPROM image to where ConfigMagic puts backup EEPROMs.
7. Run ConfigMagic and load the unbanned EEPROM.

This method is useful when you dont have access to a computer.

#37 V1510N

V1510N

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 05:39 AM

any help wit my prob? i want xblive back.

#38 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (V1510N @ Nov 10 2003, 07:51 AM)
I got a pal eeprom from a friend but i have a ntsc box, wen i put the eeprom.bin in the data folder, then open configmagic and unlock my hdd, then go to load eeprom from .bin i get this error message: eeprom encrypted region invalid. it is the only eeprom in the data folder, there was never a eeprom in the folder before that one. Any ideas why im gettim this message?

Get Liveinfo for your PC from www.xbox-scene.com's tools page.

Open the EEPROM and try to edit the file to: (First make backup!)

Region 1, NTSC

Then, put that in the data folder and try to load.

#39 nickyboy

nickyboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 03:39 AM

Hi, hum I was just wondering. Does the kind of modchip I have matters as if config will work or not. I mean.. is there any possibility it will fuck up my chip? Actually ConfigMagic is just flashing the EEPROM so i don't think it's the same as the bios itself. I don't wanna mess my chip that's why rolleyes.gif
i got a applex pro chip by the way

Nick

Edited by nickyboy, 19 November 2003 - 03:53 AM.

#40 sandals99

sandals99

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:30 AM

Oh boy,

i loaded config magic and was changing my eeprom, when i guess i had screwed up and the new eeprom did not load. now the old eeprom is still there but the hdd is not locked. then i went upstairs and came back down and noticed that the screen changed and it said to Hit x to load dashboard, me being a genious, decided to power off and now everytime i boot up, i get the screen that says xbox requires service, and there are no error numbers anywhere on the screen and the eject button is flashing red/green. I don't think its my chip because i have had it for a long time, its the xtender 29 wire with a switch. I kept trying to boot my evox disc, but no luck. some please help me, i have been off of live for over a year and i was so close to getting back on!!

ps, the thing i noticed about my new eeprom that i tried to put on was that, for the hdd sn and key, it was blank....maybe thats why i had a problem?

please help with any suggestions

thanks

Edited by sandals99, 21 November 2003 - 12:27 PM.

#41 stewdvh

stewdvh

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 11:25 AM

i have looked at the tutorial for this but i get lost between the sections "setting up the file for configmagic for the banned xbox" - i have done this - and section "running configmagic"

where do i need to install configmagic in order to use it on my box?

i downloaded it from mirc and i got the following:

Data - folder
Media - folder

configmagic - configuration settings

default.xbe

readme

xboxemu - msinfo doc.

is this all i need to run configmagic?

please help asap,im very confused...

thanks,

Stew.

#42 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 05:17 PM

You put it on C, E, or F. It does not matter. As long as you can get it to load.

#43 Joshua Wood

Joshua Wood

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 03:49 AM

I can confirm that some saves are link to eeprom info in some way. I changed mine, and was reported to have corrupt saves for Project 0 (aka Fatal Frame), Burnout 2 and Crimson Seas, (NOT crimson Skies). Others might also, but these were the ones I noticed. Upon switch back to my orig eeprom they all work fine again.

#44 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory

Posted 28 November 2003 - 01:59 PM

were these saves on the hdd? I wonder if you save them to a mem card and change eeprom if they still get corrupt. I'll bet they don't.

#45 info_warrior

info_warrior

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 December 2003 - 11:52 PM

hello, and thank you for your time. My question is reguarding the problem that is occuring with my xbox. I wanted to upgrade the harddisk so i unlocked the original and backed it up using hdd driver on win2k. i used hex workshop to prepare the new harddrive. and hdd driver detected it as an xbox harddrive, and allowed me to load the backup bin i created from the original hd. i then locked it with hdlock and attempted to boot it from my xbox. All I got was an ms error screen telling me to have my xbox serviced. and a red light blinking on eject button.

So somehow the upgrade failed so i was like its ok, was worth a shot i'll just go back to the original harddrive after i lock it with hdlock.

so i locked the original and tried to boot, but i'm having the same problem as with the new disk. ms service screen red light flashing.

and on top of all that i'm not even getting an error number on the ms service screen.

could someone please help me...

p.s. i can still lock and unlock harddrive with hdunlock/hdlock or unlockx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users