3 replies to this topic

#1 Zak0

Zak0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 03:52 PM

I'm currently loading some older version of the Phoenix BIOS Loader from bigfonts25 - if I want to update to Phoenix 1.3, do I just need to use xbedump -font on the Phoenix default.xbe and overwrite the old one?

Thanks,
-Zak

#2 EnigmusSnake

EnigmusSnake

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 04:37 PM

Which package of 1.3 are you planning to use? If you got one from #xbins named something like signed_phoenix etc then there is no apparent need to sign it with xbedump. So if you're using the original package of PBL 1.3 then you will need to sign it

#3 Zak0

Zak0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (EnigmusSnake @ Aug 16 2003, 06:37 PM)
Which package of 1.3 are you planning to use?

I have both the original package and the "signed" one from xbins (signed_phoenix_bios_loader_V1.3.rar). Nothing in the RAR file tells what key it has been signed with, so I wasn't sure if it would work with bigfonts...

So, can I just use the one from xbins? Signing the original using "xbedump default.xbe -font" or something should also work?

-Zak

#4 EnigmusSnake

EnigmusSnake

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 05:02 PM

Either way will work with the signed one or after you've signed the original just ftp everything into your c root. if you're using the original one that you signed yourself remember to include the eeprom and rc4 key.. or save yourself the trouble and just use the already signed one from xbins since the keys are already in there and you don't risk ( like me) forgetting to include the keys and have to start hotswapping again to correct that tiny mistake tongue.gif

*I'll try to use sentences and periods next time*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users