• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cthon358

cthon358

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 04:59 PM

Are there any dashboard replacements that displays in something other than 480i? I just got a new HDTV but the only input that is 480i is ONLY 480i or 480P. I have 2 other component inputs but they are only 480P, 720P or 1080i. If I plug the xbox in to one of them I get a message "mode not supported". If I plug it in to the 480i/480p input, things work fine but I'm limited to a 480p display.

I have an executer chip with evox installed.

Thanks!

#2 ImpulseAdidas

ImpulseAdidas

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modification

Posted 16 August 2003 - 05:34 PM

your dashboard will not go any higher than 480p, but your games will. I thought the game atomatically confrigures itself to the highest resolution you have with the cable.

Remember if you have higher than 480p connected the dash will be blank, just pop a game in and it will configure.

#3 mikejf

mikejf

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 07:14 PM

The xbox dash can be patched to output at 480p. At least some versions can.
Evox and other Homebrew dash replacements already use 480p.

#4 cthon358

cthon358

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 04:16 PM

Is there a setting in evox I need to configure to get 480P output? If it is native 480P then why can I only get a picture on the 480I input?

#5 mikejf

mikejf

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 04:52 PM

No, evox by default is in 480p.
It works fine for me and my hdtv.
Which cables are you using? The MS HD pack?

#6 cthon358

cthon358

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 01:06 AM

yes, MS HD pack - component cables.

#7 J Do

J Do

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 05:57 PM

mine works ok with the compnent cables.....except i can only see half of the information on the screen!!! I can see the status of the disk, and all the launch menus, so I guess thats all i need! But it is annoying that the I can see half of the temp line, the ip address. the time/date and all that stuff. And this happens with every skin I choose so its not that!!

#8 mikejf

mikejf

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 12:04 PM

Half the screen... Or just parts are cut off on the sides. Your Tv's overscan may need to be adjusted.
Check the Tv's service menus for that.

#9 Mad_Catz

Mad_Catz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 01:14 PM

Mikejf, do you know if the update.xbe file will wipe your system if you use the 480p patch on the msdash.xbe file??? Can you still use xbox live if you patch your msdash.xbe with the 480p patch?

I'm still a little confused... I heard that Kung Fu Chaos is only 480i as well, if you patch the default.xbe kung fu chaos file, will that then run at 480p as well??

Which of the two progress scan patches should I apply to the ms dashboard? there are two listed on :

http://www.xbox-scen...VEFAEkEXgVvdLSM

Msxboxdash Progresive Patch
and
Progressive Scan Patcher (for games and msdash???)

(which is better to patch the dashboard with???)

One specifically says its for the ms dashboard, but both imply that they work on the dash... There is no documentation provided with either of them...

I guess my biggest worry is that if i update the msdash.xbe file and i play a game with update.xbe on it, it will nuke my HD...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users