• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 billybobz0r

billybobz0r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 10:21 AM

Ok, so I was going to try install an exploit on my friends xbox so I plugged his new 120 gb drive in, used preptools installed the exploit locked the drive and voila it seemed to work. So now all I had to do is to lock it so that it will boot in his box. But apparently I made a mistake thinking that the password consisted out of the xbox serial number and the hdd serial number. As you have guessed it didn't work changing my serial number, turned out it needed the unique hdd key which remains the same. So I tried putting my modchip into his xbox and run configmagic there but unfortunately my chip was too old to work with his.

So here's my question does anyone know if it's possible to generate a unique hdd key using some specified info on the xbox or whatsoever, or is it at all possible dumping/retrieving the eeprom info from an unmodded box (besides 007/mechassault hack, I'd rather get a modchip then)?

It would be great if someone could figure it out, however I'm not sure if it's possible, tia.

#2 slrhsapple

slrhsapple

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 August 2003 - 11:44 AM

I suggest swap trick with his original hd to a computer and use xlinux to install the exploit and use evox or configmagic to get the eeprom and then use LiveInfo Beta 2 (eeprom & his new hd) to generate the hd key and use a lock program in dos to lock his new hd with exploit installed. then you have a moded xbox smile.gif

tutorials are in the sticky thread too

Edited by slrhsapple, 17 August 2003 - 05:01 PM.

#3 billybobz0r

billybobz0r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 08:41 AM

Thanks tried it and works like a charm. This is quite interesting basically anyone can mod his xbox without requiring anything. I even wrote a tutorial on how I did it, and how to replace the HD, I used PBL as a difference. If anyone's interested in this tutorial let me now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users