96 replies to this topic

#61 CheULT

CheULT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 05:57 PM

If i just wanted to burn my music into CDs, what steps should i use? So far i have:
Use CD-R, or CD-RW
Burn at slow rate

aynthing else?

#62 SUBLOGIC

SUBLOGIC

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 06:15 AM

Here is what i do,

Grab ya self Nero Burn, you can get a trial version Here

Open Nero -->Audio CD -->Nero Express
Drag your mp3(s) you want to make a cd from and drop it/them into the Nero Express window.
Burn to a CD-R

You should now be able to play using XBMC or MS DASH.

SUB

#63 XBizkit

XBizkit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (pruek @ Feb 17 2004, 08:02 AM)
I don't know how this plays out, but I can view images, divx, and avi in xbmp with a regular CD-R, my friend who has a soft-mod can also. I even burned the CD-R's at 16X. Don't know if it's a "special" Xbox or what, but it's a v1.3...who knows?

Ive burned ALL my audio cds and divx etc movies on to a cheapie brand cd at 48x and have no probs. I have a sammy drive as well biggrin.gif

#64 The_Truth

The_Truth

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 03:17 AM

good news for every one with the "crappy Thompson drives"
they can be slightly moddified to cd-r and most formats. it takes someone with a bit of knowledge of electronics and an ohm meter a couple of hours to make it read other media including cd-r's. if anyone is interested pm me and i will try to find the tutorial. this method will however void your warranty, and dont blame me if you hurt yourself...lmao

#65 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 April 2004 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (The_Truth @ Apr 9 2004, 11:17 PM)
good news for every one with the "crappy Thompson drives"
they can be slightly moddified to cd-r and most formats. it takes someone with a bit of knowledge of electronics and an ohm meter a couple of hours to make it read other media including cd-r's. if anyone is interested pm me and i will try to find the tutorial. this method will however void your warranty, and dont blame me if you hurt yourself...lmao

Yeah, that's the pot tweak tutorial. It's on http://tutorials.xbox-scene.com under hardware modifications.

#66 xb0xb0y

xb0xb0y

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 April 2004 - 11:25 AM

i thought the pot-tweaking was only to make the drive better at reading formats that may work on occasion, not formats that it can't read at all? from what i gather Thompsons can't read CDRs. I'm a wrong about that? Cuz that's why I swapped it out for the 616T (now I can't read DVD+r).

#67 Chadteck

Chadteck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:46 PM

I was going to start a new topic, but this one is close enough. My main question is the same one that xboxboy is asking. I thought Thompsons were incapable of reading cd-r's and that pot tweaking is to get rid of read problems for media that they can read. Does anybody know for sure if the Thompson can read cd-r's after being tweaked? Is it unable to read them do to a restriction set forth in the firmware, or is it a hardware issue? I'm assuming that pot tweaking increases the power of the laser, but I could be wrong. I tweaked my Thompson, and it is now able to read DVD+-R's and CD-RW's that it had problems reading before. However, it is still unable to read CD-R's. I have only tried CD-R's that I have burned already, which is the only reason I care if it read's CD-R's. I burned pretty much all of the CD-R's I tried at 52X.

SUBLOGIC: What kind of drive is in your XBOX? Are you suggesting that CD-R media will work on any brand drive as long as it is burned at a low speed?

#68 slade747

slade747

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 01:08 PM

Actually my xbox can read my backup cdr's just fine. The trick is this, make sure you burn your cd and make it a finalized session or CD with roxio or other cd burning programs. Also Put in a game first then take it out and put in the cd and go into the audio cd option. Then you can place your songs on your box.

#69 MoNeY_MaN

MoNeY_MaN

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:PC's, Basketball, Linux, Gaming, PSP,Xbox, Xbox360, Computers
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 May 2004 - 06:52 PM

I do not know what the heck people are spewing here but guess what Sammy's read it all i have 2 and they read CD-r, CD-RW, Originals, DVD-R, DVD-RW. DVD+R, DVD+RW. it reads everything for me. Maybe you all are writing stuff to them in the wrong way i suggest you use HSDEMONZ guide to burning Media that way you get it done correctly.

#70 Xmaster99

Xmaster99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:XboX pc if not xbox then wat am i doin here? ?? ??
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 22 May 2004 - 03:07 AM

is there any other way 2 replace my dvd-rom? Really i need a way i got Thompson sad.gif i ordered a chip like 4 days ago and im scared wat if it doesnt read a certain cd-rw where i got my bios and evox on?

help? lol
thanks
peace

#71 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 May 2004 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (Xmaster99 @ May 21 2004, 11:07 PM)
is there any other way 2 replace my dvd-rom? Really i need a way i got Thompson sad.gif i ordered a chip like 4 days ago and im scared wat if it doesnt read a certain cd-rw where i got my bios and evox on?

help? lol
thanks
peace

It's easier and cheaper to try a couple different brands of cd-rws than it is to replace the Xbox DVD-ROM. However, if you can't get it to read any CD media, swapping Xbox DVD-ROMs is as easy as unplugging the old one and plugging in the new one.

If that doesn't work, try this:
1. Take out the Xbox DVD-ROM.
2. Put in a PC DVD-ROM. Plug in the IDE cable, but you'll need a molex Y-splitter to splice power from the hard drive for the PC DVD-ROM. Ignore the yellow cable that plugs into the Xbox DVD-ROM.
3. Power on, flash your BIOS, do whatever you need to. The PC DVD-ROM will read anything that it reads normally, but it will not read original Xbox game discs.
Here's the full tutorial with pictures:
http://www.xbox-scen...es/swap-dvd.php
Read over this one too, it's almost the same thing without pictures:
http://www.xbox-scen...es/dvddrive.php

Then when you're done flashing your BIOS and doing what you need to do with CD-rws, simply reverse the whole thing, and stick the Xbox DVD-ROM back in for reading originals.

#72 manxbox44

manxbox44

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 11:15 PM

does anybody here know if a philps xbox drive is suppose to make a grinding sound? please help! i need know so if i should take my xbox back

#73 jason jx

jason jx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:55 AM

people i need help!!!!! im new 2 this stuff so bare with me i have just got my xbox modded with the chip called x b.i.t.

i do not have any back-up games or anything like that to experiment with it but i do have a cd-r with music on it that i burnt withy windows media player 9 most likely to have been burnt at full speed.

of course the cd does not work on the xbox im certain that my dvd-drive is a crap tompson because it was bought last year with the halo and mm3 bundle!

but 2 tell u the truth and no really bothered about cd-r music but what i am really bothered about is that im not sure that ill be ablt to play back-up games on my xbox with a cd-rw dvd-r or a dvd-rw and ect ect........... games im talkin about not about music.

by the way my xbox makes a loud loading nose when playing halo only that game. blink.gif

#74 jason jx

jason jx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 10:52 AM

can a tompson dvd-drive in na modded xbox with the chip x b.i.t play cd-rw and dvd-r ???????

#75 SUBLOGIC

SUBLOGIC

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 11:29 PM

Sorry I didnt answer your question before CHADTECK, I have only jumped to these forums a few times recently due to RL issues.

In one XBOX (v1.1) I have a Samsung, and the other (v1.4 a MS refurbished xbox) has a Thompson.

I have never ever had a problem reading "LASER PLATINUM" CD-R in either of the drives.

Im not sure if its due to the fact that the XBOX with the Thompson drive is a refurbished unit from MS but it works and was only $179 AUS!

SUB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users