#91 RcbUK

RcbUK

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 July 2004 - 05:03 PM

I'm not reading through all of these posts, but I can tell you the first one is BS! I play backups on CD, no point in wasting a DVD when it fits easy on a CD smile.gif

#92 XxFuRy2Xx

XxFuRy2Xx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 07:41 AM

I think that my local best buy has nothing but samsung xboxs.

Anywho, I just burned an audio cd (File format: ogg vorbis, burn speed: 16x) and my samsung drive refuses to read it. Am I burning it too fast or something? Is there any specific brand that the samsung drive prefers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#93 manxbox44

manxbox44

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 02:36 AM

i just got and xbox with a samsung drive in it and it will not read any cd-r's but maxwell are there some samsung xbox drives that will only read one brand of cd-r's?

#94 onlinebacon

onlinebacon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 September 2004 - 12:03 PM

If anyone could please post a list of the games they know can fit on CD-R's it would be a great help. I have a sammy drive (yipee!) and it should eat most things, but i dont know what games to write onto the cd-r's , if anyone could help that would help me a lot, thanks, by the way, SAMSUNGS rule!! yay

#95 Sekoku

Sekoku

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 08 September 2004 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (alpine2001 @ Jan 28 2003, 09:17 AM)
Get yourselves an x-box with a Samsung drive !!!
They have only started using these drives since October 2002.
It has read every type of CDR I have placed in it biggrin.gif

I just got a new X-box today. (Long story short, Hurricane killed my v.1.1) has this drive. And, currently. I'm going to call this bull.

Of course, I've only tried one of my CD-R's (Memorex) in it, but still. It doesn't read everything

MFG: 07-16-04

Dunno if they changed since 2002 or what but my two cents.

#96 fiveseven

fiveseven

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 06:13 AM

Ya, I was crapping myself because I couldnt find a freaking USB cable to hook up the xchip. I thought Id screwed myself over completely. I have the tompsan drive, and am wanting to run one of the newer dvd drives in it. Hopefully I can run the freakin samsung cd-rs I have because I dont feel like going to the store tomarrow to get dvd-r.

#97 antny

antny

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (RcbUK @ Jul 31 2004, 05:06 PM)
I'm not reading through all of these posts, but I can tell you the first one is BS! I play backups on CD, no point in wasting a DVD when it fits easy on a CD smile.gif

I agree, I've burned a couple of games to CD-R and played them successfully. Although the only problem is sometimes the drive doesn't pick up the track and thinks there is no disk but usually works 1/3 boots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users