3 replies to this topic

#1 svick

svick

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 02:02 AM

I installed the matrix mod and it's aligned just fine. I can't boot in 2 or 4. The HD resets 3 times and then the cd eject light blinks red/green. Is the problem the bios? The HD is not new, it came from my PC. I formatted it to clean it off, prior to installing it in the xbox.
Since I can't boot correctly, I can't get on my network to try and flash the bios. So, can I flash with programmer? From what I've read the answer is yes. Do I use a null modem cable? Dumb questions, I know. Or is the problem the HD itself?

Hope this makes sense and you can shed some light on it.

Steve

unsure.gif

#2 00XeRo

00XeRo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 02:05 AM

its fragging

this is most likely because of a bad install.

usually your d0

recheck your d0 and try again

#3 00XeRo

00XeRo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 02:07 AM

XBOX BOOTS TWICE – ON THE THIRD BOOT THE POWER LED IS FLASHING RED AND GREEN (FRAGGING)

1. Invalid BIOS. Have you already flashed your modchip with a BIOS? You must have a valid BIOS in the boot bank of your mod if it is to be enabled. Some chips, like Xecuter2 Pros, shipped blank for a period and must be flashed prior to booting the mod chip. Please follow the flashing procedures for your mod chip.
Also, be sure to use what is known as a “MultiVer” BIOS. These BIOS images will work on all Xbox versions to date (1.0 - 1.3). Otherwise, you will need to have a BIOS image that matches your Xbox (i.e., a BIOS created for a 1.0 Xbox will yield the above symptom when you attempt to boot it on a 1.1 Xbox).

2. Poor LPC connection. Double-check your LPC points. If you have a pogo-pin mod, make sure they are all aligned. If you have a soldered mod, ensure that all the wires are securely soldered. Alternatively, if you have soldered a pin header, turn the board over and inspect the LPC points. Have the LPC holes been filled with solder? Push against the pin header from the topside of the board (now facing down). Did any of the solder around the pin appear to lift off the board? If so, that’s a good signal that you should apply some flux and reheat that solder.

3. Boot Bank not selected. This is really only an issue in Xecuter2 Pro chips (where the FCC cable is damaged or not connected) and the Xecuter2.1/2.2 family (where the wires connecting the switches to the chip are damaged or not connected).

4. D0 problem. This can potentially be the worst situation of the four. A definitive way to test this is to remove your mod chip completely. If the symptoms remain, you likely have a D0 problem.
Check your D0 point closely. Are there any nearby solder splashes or spillovers that bridge any traces or vias in the vicinity of the D0? If so, use desoldering braid or a desoldering pump (“solder sucker”) to try to remove the perpetrating solder. Also, does your D0 appear to be particularly scorched? Is the board browned there? If this is the case, you may have damaged the D0 point. In this case, you can try soldering a wire from the topside D0 to the alternative D0 on the bottomside of the board. If the topside D0 is badly damaged, you may have to gently scrape the D0 trace (with a razor blade or small screwdriver) and solder to this.

#4 svick

svick

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 11:29 AM

if i disable the matrix, i get error 16. I think the d0 is ok - though I don't know for sure. I will try to flash the bios manually via my parallel port. Will it work that way?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users