nmajin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 August 2003 - 03:19 AM

Im not too great with webpage developing mainly because i dont have the time to learn certain things etc but i know some of the fundamentals of it such as html and some java...what i would like to know is if anyone knows what it is called or how i could get something similar to makin a site such as xbox-scene.com front page...like how the polls etc are there and makin my site 12voltzperformance.com more exciting and easy to update with news, polls, pics, etc?

i would greatly appreciate it if anyone can help me because i know there has to be something easy for the mainpage just as i found that gallery generator on my site...TIA

#2 WodMan

WodMan

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 06:36 AM

what i would like to know is if anyone knows what it is called or how i could get something similar to makin a site such as xbox-scene.com front page

If you don't know code well then you want a WYSIWYG GUI interface Web development tool. There are many out there, the obvious and popular ones like M$ FrontPage XP, Adobe GoLive 6, and Macromedia DreamWeaver MX. The polls are very simple components and each of these has a built in engine to create them. More complex Web Components can be designed seperately in other authoring apps and imported into the web.

If you are looking for an easy quick way to throw a Web together, give one of them a shot.

#3 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 August 2003 - 06:40 AM

My webpage (sig) was built with DreamWeaver and it's good because you dont need to know html to design complex pages with frames and charts and stuff. Of course, you can switch to code mode, but I prefer the wysiwyg method (What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get).

the other programs Wodman listed are probably excellent as well, I just haven't used them.

#4 Devil-Man

Devil-Man

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 07:13 AM

for dynamics (and the ADVANCED developer) i would recommend PHP-Nuke or even the vbPORTAL (requires vbulletin) But again, those are for more advanced authors. if you want simplicity then hop over to webmonkey.com and learn learn learn. web development is kinda like soldering. 15 minutes to learn, a lifetime to master. ph34r.gif

#5 kooks

kooks

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 07:37 AM

Definately go with PHPnuke. I just got my site up in less than a day. I dont know about this "ADVANCED DEVELOPER," but im definately no expert. I dont know html, java, perl, php or anything, and from the time i dowloaded phpnuke to the time i got it online was maybe 5 hours. This with never having any experience with webdesign. Try THIS. Search on google theres tons of nuke sites with themes, tutorials, modules, etc.

Edited by kooks, 18 August 2003 - 07:38 AM.

#6 Devil-Man

Devil-Man

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 09:19 AM

i forgot to mention that it was easy as pie to set up, given you have everything installed on your server you need. But now, if you're hardcore and want to manipulate phpnuke and understand and customize the way you see fit, you really do need to understand php, by no means do you have to be a guru, but you should understand the calls and functions and get a feel for it. it's fun beerchug.gif

#7 nmajin

nmajin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 04:57 PM

thanks alot guys....PHP-Nuke ios exactly what i was lookin for...im gonna test it out and see if i can understand it and upgrade my site to this...again thanks sooo much...xbox moddin with car systems is gonna also be a big thing on this site since xbox media player has helped give our cars perfect interior scores hehe...Thanks!!

#8 nmajin

nmajin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:19 PM

ok i downloaded PHP nuke...uploaded it...and im kinda stuck...dont know what to do, im a complete n00b at this and im trying to use the phpMyAdmin utility to do this...if anyone could do a step by step procedure i would appreciate it...i just wanna get this damn site up and done before i go to school lol...TIA

#9 Devil-Man

Devil-Man

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 11:20 PM

www.php.com beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users