nwo504

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 August 2003 - 06:31 AM

I used to be able to transfre files to my xbox easily but now I get Nolink! when I go to settings. I try Uninstalling the drives for my nic but my computer freezes when I do it. This is the second time this has happened the first time I just re-installed windows but that is a pain in the butt jut to play online games!

#2 nwo504

nwo504

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:32 PM

anyone?

#3 fgrhehghej

fgrhehghej

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 10:07 PM

Please try to be more specific. What exactly did you change? What's your set up? Can you even 'see' (ping, traceroute if you're in the mood wink.gif) your xbox?

P.S.: Please don't take this the wrong way but it might help to familiarize yourself with the ISO/OSI model. wink.gif

P.P.S.: Alright, I'll try to be more constructive... 'No Link' means that your xbox does not 'see' whatever the heck it's supposedly connected to. In all likelihood, someone changed the setup of your favorite network layer protocol. wink.gif

Please be more specific about your exact network setup (that includes all relevant data and some explanation of your network topology.

#4 WodMan

WodMan

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 10:14 PM

Please don't take this the wrong way but it might help to familiarize yourself with the ISO/OSI model

Have you lost your god damned mind. The guy wants to play HALO online and you want him to be a CCIE? grr.gif

Stop trying to impress everyone and try to help someone if you know something, and if you don't then STFU!

Forget his advice.

Check if you have a link light, that is the first step. There shold be a green light on your PC and your XBOX right where the network cable plugs in. Now speaking of cable, if you do not have a router or hub in the mix you will need a crossover cable.

#5 fgrhehghej

fgrhehghej

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (WodMan @ Aug 19 2003, 12:14 AM)
Please don't take this the wrong way but it might help to familiarize yourself with the ISO/OSI model

Have you lost your god damned mind. The guy wants to play HALO online and you want him to be a CCIE? grr.gif

Stop trying to impress everyone and try to help someone if you know something, and if you don't then STFU!

Wodman,

I'm sorry if I offended you. I am not trying to impress anyone - I was merely trying to help.

To be frank, I don't understand what your problem is. The original poster stated "I try Uninstalling the drives for my nic but my computer freezes when I do it". So he's apparently somewhat new 'in the scene'. By giving him a pointer (and that's all I was trying to do) I gave him a way to educate himself about basic networking and basically a way to solve his problem by means of a good ole google search.

Personally, I prefer to figure out how to solve a problem instead of doing it the 'tv dinner'-kinda way (set clock to 5 minutes, microwave ring is a pretty good indicator 5 minutes are over, be careful though your meal just might be hot).

Furthermore, I was not giving him pointers to some advanced, highly technical or inappropriately off-topic website. Being familiar with basic networking generally doesn't hurt... (btw, I don't feel I need to impress anyone - I'm not 18 anymore).

Alright, I'm stepping off of my soapbox. No hard feelings, man. We were both trying to do the same thing, I guess: help. smile.gif

#6 nwo504

nwo504

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 11:51 PM

Well my problem is that it was working fine I DIDNT CHANGE ANYTHING AT ALL but it just stopped working. It dosen't work with my ps2 either. The last time this happened I reinstalled windows and it worked again but I really don't like reinstalling all of that. Im not a n00b I just don't know what's the prooblem with my connection.

Edited by nwo504, 18 August 2003 - 11:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users