4 replies to this topic

#1 zameis

zameis

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 06:02 PM

I accidently changed my video settings, now I get black screen when xbox boots. I hear everything when booting just no sound, how can I retore my video?

please help, I can't find anything in the forums in reference to this and not in the tuts

#2 zameis

zameis

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 06:28 PM

I had a backup of c & e drives. I deleted everything from c & e drive and restored them to what they were before I made my mistake. still no difference. I still get sound and no video, could it now be encoded in hardware somewhere? how do you go about changing this? anyone here know?

#3 chinmi

chinmi

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 06:32 PM

this is a very common problems.... if you searched there should be someone with the same problem...

like this

and this

or this

#4 zameis

zameis

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 07:33 PM

Thanks, I have been searching all day though and those 3 didin't come up. maybe I wasn't using the right variables in the search area. anyway

dude, i found the file and booted it. anyway it worked, I have fixed the problem I screwed up. Thanks a million to yeah.

I was to leave the house by 10am this morning to do a few things then take kids to movies, instead I have been searching for cure to this problem all day, it is now almost 4:30 and i am done. atleast now I don't have to explain to the misses when she gets home about the xbox, only about the other shit. I can handle that. anyway again much thanks to you.

#5 chinmi

chinmi

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:15 PM

sure, no problems...
glad i can help...
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users