#1 segamanCCC

segamanCCC

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:30 PM

Ok so my friends xbox got caught in the clock reset loop, i cant get it out by leaving it ( i left it overnight twice on)
so he bought an x2 lite +, i flashed it with 4977 confirmed it working on another box, than installed in his, now first i figured since its the 4977 bios that it would boot evox cd without trying to set the clock, no go.

it actually froze instead of reseting when trying to go to the clock set screen.

Next i tried attaching a 100 gig hdd from my comp to it and was gonna set about formatting it for use in his xbox, but wait it still wont boot the slayers cd or evox?!!!

So the only thing i can think of now is to flash it with something that boots default.xbe on c: since he has the old phoenix bios patcher on there, but before i go and do that i want to see if there is any other way cause this thing is a bitch to align. Any ideas?

#2 Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 18 August 2003 - 09:35 PM

I am assuming that you are launching the xboxdash.xbe using this modchip. If the font hack is still on the system this will not work as the dash is screwed up by the fonts.

Morden.

#3 mnm6687

mnm6687

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 12:19 AM

yeah, if you still have bert and ernie as the xbox fonts (left over exploit) xboxdash.xbe will act as if you dont even have the chip installed.

#4 seanmartina

seanmartina

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 01:28 AM

connect it to a network or crossover cable to your pc, install a clock sync program on your pc, so it goes online to find the correct time and updates the system clock with the correct time, including the xbox, it should boot after 2 or 3 reboots

#5 zchaw

zchaw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 02:04 PM

4977 Xecuter bios has problems booting the dvd drive 1st.

#6 segamanCCC

segamanCCC

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 August 2003 - 08:45 PM

well i managed to fix it, what i did was connect the xbox that had a dead clock to my other xbox's unlocked xbox hard drive booted it up fine with chip enabled, fixed time than used old hard drive and everything was normal :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users