Flakfiser

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 August 2003 - 09:50 PM

i installed a pc dvd rom drive today, and when i power on the xbox, it says i need to call MS to get it fixed. i followed the tutorials here on how to do it. now, what happens is i see my matrix flash orange, but i reconnect the IDE to the original xbox drive and everything is ok. any ideas?

#2 psycoguy1080

psycoguy1080

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Microsoft made a kick ass system, but with stupid security measures. (locks on the hard drives)

Posted 18 August 2003 - 10:48 PM

if you connect your drive with a normal connector (the hdd power connector) your xbox doesnt see the drive in place. MS uses the yellow cable that connects to the XBOX drive for many things. it sees if its open/closed and if there is a drive. if you have that yellow cable disconnected you will get an error. there are multiple ways of fixing this. there are some tutorials about soldering the cable to your drive, but there is an easier way. Download xbtool and open it and open a bios file, uncheck the DVD Check in some of the options. that should work.

#3 Flakfiser

Flakfiser

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 11:13 PM

i left the yellow cable installed on the xbox drive, i only disconnected the IDE cable from it. i'm trying xbtool now though, so we'll see what happens.

#4 Flakfiser

Flakfiser

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 11:51 PM

ok, well, i get error 12, contact MS message with the original yellow power cable plugged in, and the pc dvd rom drive attached, any ideas?

#5 Flakfiser

Flakfiser

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 12:28 AM

ok, i got it booting to evox, but nothing happens, i can't get anything to boot when i insert dvd's

#6 smashhappy

smashhappy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 05:23 PM

im having same prob as you,it worked good first 5 times then same prob u have but b4 it happened i noticed that dark angel game wouldnt play out of my pc dvd rom but worked well with xboxs. did u ever resolve your prob and please tell how thanx

#7 XDAWG

XDAWG

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 August 2003 - 07:05 AM

This is weird I havent had a problem with mine but I also have an xecuter2. This would suck I dont have really anything to add since mine has never had a problem except check the power plug on both ends for the xbox drive which I figure you have done. I saw this on the second page so I figured I would bump it up for you becuase this is a nice lil mod If you dont wanna mess with the samsung mod and if xecuter would release thier cases for 2 dvd drives wink.gif . Hopefully someone here will be able to help you out.

XDAWG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users