#1 DBZRacer

DBZRacer

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 19 August 2003 - 06:14 AM

Well I finally had a couple extra hours to spare today so here is my first attempt to put together a SIMPLE how-to guide to convert from EvoX to MXM. Please post any feedback on how to improve the tutorial before submitting it to BJ and XS. This tutorial outlines the bare essential steps needed to replace EvoX with MXM as your default dash. A COMPLEX version will soon be under way when I find more time which will help guide EvoX users transfer their evox.ini settings to menu.xml and mxm.xml.

SIMPLE Guide to Convert from EvoX to MXM

beerchug.gif

#2 inferno222

inferno222

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 August 2003 - 08:26 AM

Thanks, nice guide..I appreciate it, and will probably switch over soon..I don't really know much about MXM, but this is a good guide that even I can understand! I have a question (doesn't really deserve it's own thread) but I set up MXM as an app in my EvoX and it lists my games in some weird order, is there a way to list them in alphabetical order?
Almost forgot..another Q..Is there a way to remove the folders in the game list? there is some halo and rallisport challenge demo's that are in a folder list that I don't want there.

Thanks again for the guide..nice work.

Edited by inferno222, 19 August 2003 - 08:36 AM.

#3 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 August 2003 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (DBZRacer @ Aug 19 2003, 08:14 AM)
Well I finally had a couple extra hours to spare today so here is my first attempt to put together a SIMPLE how-to guide to convert from EvoX to MXM. Please post any feedback on how to improve the tutorial before submitting it to BJ and XS. This tutorial outlines the bare essential steps needed to replace EvoX with MXM as your default dash. A COMPLEX version will soon be under way when I find more time which will help guide EvoX users transfer their evox.ini settings to menu.xml and mxm.xml.

SIMPLE Guide to Convert from EvoX to MXM

beerchug.gif

Really like that Tut! beerchug.gif
Bad thing is that means mine is no longer needed jester.gif
Anyway i'm working on a mxm site... Can i put this on it?
Edit:
Almost forgot..another Q..Is there a way to remove the folders in the game list? there is some halo and rallisport challenge demo's that are in a folder list that I don't want there.

Press (Y) to get to configurations then select remove demos.
There is a way to get alphabetical order...Search the forum for more info on it.

Edited by chilin_dude, 19 August 2003 - 03:30 PM.

#4 DBZRacer

DBZRacer

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 07:56 PM

chilin_dude: Thanks dude... I had some downtime here at work so I decided to take a stab at making the guide yesterday without having full access to the xbox. I say it went pretty well for about 4 hours of on and off work. laugh.gif

I thought about making a web page as well since you could only do so much with Word but hey it's a my first rough draft. If you are making a website, I'll make an HTML version of the guides for you to post complete with higher res screen shots.

And speaking of screen shots, does anyone know how I can take screen shots of the System/Config menus when you press "Y" in MXM? I know theres a screen cap feature in MXM for the skins, I forgot what the button comb is at the moment, but will it capture the pop up system menu as well?

If it does require a video capture card, are there any archived screen caps someone can point me to?

This tutorial up there is as basic I wanted to go with running MXM but it is not as comprehensive as I wanted it to be to cover all the bases of switching over from EvoX, IE configuring the menu, adding custom thumbs and videos, etc...

#5 DBZRacer

DBZRacer

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 09:03 PM

OK I had a little more time to work on this whole conversion tutorial thing so here is another tool which I hope would be helpful for people who want to make their own menu.xml after following the tut up there...

I have taken Slayers 2.1 Evox.ini file for large HD's (since Slayer's install is the most widely used evox installer) and matched it to the it's equilivant entries in menu.xml. Please post your feedback before I compile everything together into one final tutorial... beerchug.gif

Evox.ini to Menu.xml Guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users