#1 XanTium

XanTium

Xanta Powa!

• Admin
  • 3,110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 August 2003 - 04:38 PM

Team Xecuter asked me to make a thread so you people can post your reports on bugs or other stuff about this new release.

The full nfo

Team Xecuter presents FLASH-X v1.1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Flash-X you can now select which bank you wish to flash whether its 256k,
512k or 1MB. Gone are the days of a bad flash, now you simply program 256k or
512k at a time.

Installers who like to hot swap and flash their X2's will be pleased to hear that
the machine does not reboot once you have flashed - so you can simply flash /
hotswap / flash / hotswap much faster than when the xbox rebooted each time you
flashed.

You can select bios's stored on C, D, E & F drives (sub dir bios)

Compatible with Xecuter2.x Lite, Xecuter2.x Lite + and Xecuter2.x PRO.

Of course you can also run this from CDR / CDRW / DVDR without having a custom dash
installed and still flash your bios with no problems - again great for installers
in a hurry.

Features Summary
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select which bank to flash your bios too (1, 2, 3, 4, 1+2, 3+4, 1234)

Load bios from c: d: e: f: (sub dir bios)

Fast program / verify routine

No reboot on programme (perfect for mass flashers)

Detect if mod is flash protected

Works on all models (v1.0, v1.1, v1.2, v1.3)

XECUTER2.x Lite and XECUTER2.x Pro Compatible

Changelog

Flash-X v1.1:
- Not working on v1.1 v1.2 or v1.3 - Fixed
- Added error message if mod is flash protected
- Crashed when selecting bios on any drive other than C - fixed
- Faster program / verify routines

Flash-X v1.0:
- First Release

Please report bugs / suggestions on Xbox-Scene Forums - http://forums.xbox-scene.com

DISCLAIMER

This piece of software will most likely destroy your XBOX if you don't now what you
are doing! We will not be held responsible for any damage or screw ups.

Thanks to #xbins / #xboxhacker and xbox-scene.com for their support

Special thanks to The Joker of Team Avalaunch and also to MomDad.

NOTES
We actually found time to finish this (finally).

Due to a couple of members retiring from the group and real life stuff happening with the rest of us
we're finding it quite difficult to dedicate time to scene stuff and juggling our lives / jobs at the same time.

The X3 mod is being developed by another group so that is not affected, however our scene work (i.e. all the free stuff)
will not be worked on as much as it used to be. We still have some ideas for new bios's and apps, so as and when we get time we will release to you.

Props to Evox, XBMP, Avalaunch, MXM, Xbox-Linux, XboxOpenSource, Team Xodus, Xbox-Scene.com, Xboxhacker.net.

Greets to all the sceners and freinds we've made over the past 18 months - there's way too many to mention but you know who you are.

F**k you to those intent on causing trouble in this fine scene. Suggestion - get a life / job / girl and/or boy

Source Code:

We are currently offering the sources for inclusion in their software to: EvoX, Avalaunch, MXM, XBMP.

You will know who to ask to get the files.

#2 NightL1fe

NightL1fe

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 05:11 PM

AWSOME!!!

#3 Edv

Edv

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 05:26 PM

Just downloaded and installed it. Now i try to flash bank 1 with the Xecuter 4977 bios (256kb) but it goes slow as hell (couple of minutes untill it's finished flashing). Also tried to flash bank 2 (with Evox bios) but that was also slow.

After it's done flashing it does work/boot luckely. But version 1.0 flashed real fast (but had problems with bank 4)

Some specs:
- Xbox 1.1
- Xecuter 2.2 Pro modchip
- Dipswitch 4 ON, other 3 are OFF

Edited by Edv, 19 August 2003 - 10:00 PM.

#4 aakar

aakar

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 05:34 PM

This is a program which resides on your xbox and allows you to flash your X2Pro without the use of the parrallel cable connected to the computer? Am I correct in thinking this? Or am I just a moron who doesnt understand what this is used for :-p

-Aakar

#5 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (aakar @ Aug 19 2003, 02:34 PM)
This is a program which resides on your xbox and allows you to flash your X2Pro without the use of the parrallel cable connected to the computer? Am I correct in thinking this? Or am I just a moron who doesnt understand what this is used for :-p

-Aakar

Both EvoX and FlashX will allow you to flash your X2 Pro without the external adapter. However, only FlashX allows you to flash individual banks and leave the others alone.

I would only use the cable as a last resort as it's certainly less convenient for most people.

#6 aakar

aakar

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 05:40 PM

Ahh thank you, I never knew this was possible hah.. I've been using the inconveniant method all this time..

BTW Xeero did you get my e-mail this morning?

-Aakar

#7 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 05:44 PM

I should clarify. Although it's inconvient in most cases, if you experience a situation where all 4 banks have a bad flash (perhaps via EvoX), using the external adapter to flash the chip is MUCH more convenient than disassembling the Xbox to recover it.

BTW, my office's firewall has become really tight these days, and I'm unable to check my home email. I'll get back to you later this afternoon.

#8 Edv

Edv

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 05:55 PM

Just tried to flash bank 4 and the xbox locks up during erasing sad.gif (same problem as i had with version 1.0)

Already posted the xbox specs in my previous reply.

Really hope this problem can be fixed, because it's a great program!

Edited by Edv, 19 August 2003 - 10:01 PM.

#9 thrive

thrive

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 06:25 PM

mine froze up during erase too with v1.1 , x2 pro 2.0

#10 stee-blak

stee-blak

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 06:44 PM

Innovative. smile.gif Just gets better hmm!?

#11 BroChaos

BroChaos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 10:12 PM

any more news? i was excited to finally flash my chip (i wanted to be cautious since i don't have a programmer) but it turns out there's still problems...anyone have any success?

#12 sigep2x

sigep2x

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 11:34 PM

My v1.1 XBOX locked up on bank 4 again. I thought this problem was going to be resolved with this newer version. I'm using an X2Pro 2.0.

#13 HL_101

HL_101

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 August 2003 - 02:27 AM

My Xbox v1.1 also locks up during erasing of the chip.
I have a X2.1 Lite. (I tried to erase and program bank 3,4).

Edited by HL_101, 20 August 2003 - 02:28 AM.

#14 Nappy2

Nappy2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 04:01 AM

It took Team Xecuter a long time to come up with this new release and it still has problems flashing bank 4 on v1.1 and possibly later xbox's.

Don't get me wrong I love this program, and have been using v1.0 to flash bank 1 with great results.

I just think that Team Xecuter has run into some real problems with this bank 4 issue that they have yet to resolve.

If you don't have a X2. pro I would stay away from trying to flash bank 4 sad.gif

#15 Hollowpoint

Hollowpoint

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 05:23 AM

Ver 1.0 No lock up durning Erase... But Slow as hell... been 10 min and still the green bar is not past the bank 2 display...

This normal? Flashed one meg in 30 sec to a min with Evox built in flasher...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users