14 replies to this topic

#1 TvLover

TvLover

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 09:45 PM

blink.gif Ok I am verry new to this so bear with me here. I did most of this before reading or even joining this fourm so please bear with me here. I have a Ver 1.1 X-Box a 2.1 Pro Executer mod and Evox something or other. I tried for days to get a working XISO file and no go I was using what else XISO. so in a fit of rage I just burned the Data that I ftp'd over from my Xbox to a DVD-R and all was good no ISO image or anything. as of this date I have made 6 game backups this way and all of them work just fine. So my question is this why do you need to make an Image of the game if it works without doing the extra step?
PS HALO rules!!! love.gif

#2 hcarlson3

hcarlson3

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 10:46 PM

no you do not have to make an image, I think people make images because some people see better load times than without making images.

P.S. There's a thread up top that says "Don't use XISO" you might want to follow that advice.

#3 sk8ermike6789

sk8ermike6789

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, *boarding...
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 19 August 2003 - 11:10 PM

nah, xiso roolz love.gif

#4 scream360

scream360

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 11:28 PM

All my games that I have backed up I have never felt the need to make an ISO, besides it takes longer to copy....

Scream

user posted image

#5 sk8ermike6789

sk8ermike6789

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 12:58 AM

so lemme get this straight, you dont even have to make an iso for a game to work??? blink.gif

#6 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 August 2003 - 01:03 AM

No, you don't have to make an ISO to get it to work. But the games were not designed to be run from a UDF volume, so you'll never see optimal load times with a UDF volume. A GDF ISO makes backups run as close to originals as possible. If you've ever backed up a SegaSports game as a UDF disc, you know what I'm talking about...

Also, sk8ermike6789...you use xISO??? blink.gif

#7 sk8ermike6789

sk8ermike6789

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 02:51 AM

yeah xeero laugh.gif , when i actually start to have a minor problem with it i will change to whatever you want me too wink.gif just in case it screws up, what do you reccommed i (or anyone else using xiso) get??? in place of it?? i like zxbtools, is that good, or what else should i get, please tell blink.gif

#8 rzyzzy

rzyzzy

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 20 August 2003 - 03:34 AM

I never make ISO's... I run my games from the hard drive - the dvd is just a backup, so I don't notice longer load times - if it's worth playing, it's worth copying to the hard drive...

#9 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 August 2003 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE (rzyzzy @ Aug 19 2003, 09:34 PM)
I never make ISO's...  I run my games from the hard drive - the dvd is just a backup, so I don't notice longer load times - if it's worth playing, it's worth copying to the hard drive...

I wouldn't recommend doing that unless you've got the money and time to upgrade the hard drive. The original hard drive isn't big enough to hold more than 1 standard size game, and can't hold any big games.

Edited by Mr Ed, 20 August 2003 - 05:05 AM.

#10 Mineralvatten

Mineralvatten

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 05:59 AM

TvLover, i really reccomend you making an Xiso, it really decreases the loadingtimes... as some of you may have heard, my Capcom Vs SNK 2 EO loaded for 7 minutes and i didnt make an Xiso out of it sad.gif
I am testing right now (as i am writing) if it works better now...

#11 Mineralvatten

Mineralvatten

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 06:03 AM

Ok it didnt sad.gif

#12 sk8ermike6789

sk8ermike6789

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (Mr Ed @ Aug 20 2003, 07:05 AM)
QUOTE (rzyzzy @ Aug 19 2003, 09:34 PM)
I never make ISO's...  I run my games from the hard drive - the dvd is just a backup, so I don't notice longer load times - if it's worth playing, it's worth copying to the hard drive...

I wouldn't recommend doing that unless you've got the money and time to upgrade the hard drive. The original hard drive isn't big enough to hold more than 1 standard size game, and can't hold any big games.

1 game!?!?! blink.gif i have

crazy taxi 3
ghost recon island thunder
madden 2004
and this homebrew game called XbomberBox

all just on my e: drive in my original HDD!!!!
and i still have ~ 638 MB left, ima put simpsons road rage on there and if there is enough room left, ill try to get even another one on there!!

#13 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 August 2003 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (Mineralvatten @ Aug 20 2003, 03:03 AM)
Ok it didnt sad.gif

What did you use to make the ISO. Sounds like you used xISO. DO NOT USE XISO. If you use xISO and complain, then every second you whine is too much. Use Craxtion or SimpleX - they both make GDF ISOs. xISO makes a cheap imitation of a proper GDF ISO.

#14 kraven411

kraven411

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 03:59 PM

Craxtion has never worked for me. I haven't tried the other software, but the Xbox never recognizes the discs I burn.

#15 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 September 2003 - 05:53 PM

Then you're burnining them wrong or using bad media. Craxtion is the best Windows software out there for makin' ISOs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users