Okay there has been a few questions regarding how to convert CHD files to IMG files. This tutorial is a step-by-step guide to do just that.
First though you will need a few things:-
- Kinst.chd (ad58772a)
- Kinst2.chd (f43ff1ec)
- hdcomp.exe from mame072b.zip
- KI v1.0 HD Patch.exe from KIHDPatchv2.zip
- KI2 v2.1 HD Patch.exe from KI2HDPatchv2.zip
Both of those can be found here...
- Hex Workshop v4.10
- CRC Generator
Okay when you have got all that:-
- Install Hex Workshop
- Install HashCalc
- Create a directory called KI in the root of C: i.e C:\ki
- Copy Kinst.chd, Kinst2.chd, hdcomp.exe, KI v1.0 HD Patch.exe & KI2 v2.1 HD Patch.exe in to this directory.
- Fire up HashCalc & check the crc32 hash of both Kinst.chd & Kinst2.chd
- Kinst.chd should have a crc32 of (ad58772a)
- Kinst2.chd should have a crc32 of (f43ff1ec)
- If the crc's don't match then you should stop here as I have only done this with these crc's
- Open a Dos command prompt by; Click Start > Run; type in cmd & then click okay.
- Type cd c:\ki
- Type hdcomp -extract kinst.chd ki.img
- When extration is complete
- Type hdcomp -extract kinst2.chd ki2.img
- When extration is complete; close Dos box
Killer Instinct 1
Start Hex Workshop and open Ki.img. It should look like this:-
Click Edit > Insert; select Dec & type in 13 (see image below):-
After that it should look like this:-
You will now need to overwrite the first 13 bytes with:-
4147 2034 3139 2031 3320 3437 0A
After that click File > Save
If you want you can load this new file in to HashCalc to check the new crc; it should be:-
If it's not then you have made a mistake above.
If it is:-
Open explorer and double click KI v1.0 HD Patch.exe
Uncheck make backup
After the file is patched check the crc again and it should be:-
If all of the above went okay; you now have a good Ki.img file. Pat yourself on the back and move on to KI2.
Okay that's it. I hope this was okay and helped some of you (it was my first tutorial)
Let me know if you have any questions (except where to get the CHD files)
Edited by XBoxgeek, 20 August 2003 - 10:22 AM.