X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 August 2003 - 02:40 PM

Hi ppl, wonder if you can help me?

I have got my new executor 2.2 lite and installed using the pin install method. booted up and the cromwell bios appers on the screen and prompts me to insert a cd with a bios on

my box is a 1.2 ver

i have burnt a cd with xecutor2 bios ver.4977 256k

i insert the cd and it proceeds with the flash then reboots. then when i power on the machine it tries to boot 3 times then the power light flashes green/red ... i know this is a soldering problem from the older chips but as the cromwell flash screen booted i thought it was ok? so i switched the chip to bank to to make shure that was ok.. it booted to the cromwell too, turned the chip off and the xbox booted.

after faffing round for a bit the bank one i flashed now comes back with the cromwell bios agin..

whats going on ?? can someone help

thanks in advance..

i have installed loads of executor 1's and 2's no problems

#2 Intelligoth

Intelligoth

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 August 2003 - 04:39 PM

I'm having an issue with an X-ecuter 2.2 lite as well. I used pin-header install and bottom d0 point, xbox boots up into the Cromwell Flash Bios.

Burned CD-RW with 200 MB of dummy data and the version 4976_02 1 MB BIOS file and I keep getting "Please Insert CD with BIOS file" message from Cromwell. Burned on 3 different brands of CD-RW with the recommended disc format settings from the docs. Mode-1, DAO, ISO9660, etc.

All the docs I've looked at regarding X-Ecuter 2.2 say to use a 1 MB image. Should I switch over to 256K? Also, the filename I'm using (as per the docs) is BIOS.BIN, should I use a different filename?

I'm not getting FRAG or any error lights. Solid green all the way so I'm fairly sure the chip itself is installed properly. Does the Cromwell bios expect an HDD? All that's in the box now is just the DVD drive. Mordzy, since you've done a lot of X-Ectuters what are your recommendations?

Cheers.

#3 mordzy

mordzy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 August 2003 - 05:04 PM

The box boots up fine on both banks. wasnt till i flashed it that i got the green/red. i burnt the 256k bios. it flashed ok with no problems

iso 9600 - disk-at-once - mode 1 - un tick joliet.

this worked fine for me

apart from the red/green after ? can someone help?

#4 Nimrod3

Nimrod3

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 20 August 2003 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (mordzy @ Aug 20 2003, 07:04 PM)
The box boots up fine on both banks. wasnt till i flashed it that i got the green/red. i burnt the 256k bios. it flashed ok with no problems

iso 9600 - disk-at-once - mode 1 - un tick joliet.

this worked fine for me

apart from the red/green after ? can someone help?

theres your problem. this chip uses a 1mb bios, you were supposed to run the "make1mb" batch file on it. Your only solution now is to buy an external programmer.

#5 stu99

stu99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 09:58 AM

I have exactly the same problem, it's asking for a CDROM. I don't want to go ahead and make a mess of it. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Stu...

#6 stu99

stu99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 11:27 AM

Sorted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users