• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Chey

Chey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 05:04 AM

Hey all. First ever post! I'd like to start off by saying that I am not dumb...

I have got a working XBox with EvoX installed. I have been happily playing on emulators, Dvds, games, divx's.

The problem is that I find it annoying that I cannot watch DVDs on DVDx2 with the MS remote control and having to use the MS controller pad instead.

I have got DVDx1 but am having problems getting it to work. I have installed it on to the XBox HDD (original HDD) and it boots up fine, but it does not want to load any DVDs of ANY region...

A message comes up saying something like "cannot find dashboard, may need patching or is already patched"

My question(s) are/is:

-- What does this mean? I have read that I need to patch it with an earlier version of the MS Dashboard? How do i know what MS Dash i have already?

-- Also, I need to know where to get this earlier MS Dash patch from but have no ideas where. I was wondering if it is possible to install a friends XBox HDD in (which is 1st XBox Version) my Version 1.1 XBox and just FTP his MS Dash to computer and then reinstall my HDD and FTP to XBox...

If anyone can enlighten me with how to do this then it would be great. All i want to do is watch Multi-Region DVDs on my Xbox with the MS Remote Control.

Another question is this:

I have been reading (very briefly) about Progressive Scanning or something? Is this related to playing Multi-Region DVDs and does it play a part in what i want to achieve?

Please Help.

Thanks in advance.

Chey

Edited by Chey, 21 August 2003 - 05:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users