Photo

How Can I Hotswap If Box Is Looping To Clock?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ^ChRoniC^

^ChRoniC^

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 06:13 PM

okey i thought the clock crap wuz fixed, but no.so now ma box is looping to clock, i need to access the box HDD to fix the shit; i have a backup already to fix with. i need sum info on how to get ma pc to read da HDD. i have 2 HDDs now ;2 cdroms; also where the xbox HDD is partitioned into 7 pts how will this affect when i boot PC? thx again

#2 crazyfoo

crazyfoo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 06:40 PM

hotswap it just before it reboots...

#3 scooby_dooby

scooby_dooby

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 02:34 PM

how long did you try to reboot for?

last resort you can open it up, unplug your DVD drive and the box will goto an error screen, unlocking the harddrive.

#4 ^ChRoniC^

^ChRoniC^

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (scooby_dooby @ Aug 22 2003, 04:34 PM)
how long did you try to reboot for?

last resort you can open it up, unplug your DVD drive and the box will goto an error screen, unlocking the harddrive.

well i let it reboot for couple hrs.
if ma PC detects the xboxhdd after the hot swap does that mean its unlocked?cuz i get a no xbox found error when i run the hdd_driver and prolly still locked error with fatx. but it shows in device mang. and at startup in boot it showed like 9451mb or sumtin as the new"xbox" hdd<<<jus because i see it ;does it mean its unlocked. ive been tryin the hot swap after the MS text appears ; i never heard of the disable dvdrom option to unlock hdd.

#5 scooby_dooby

scooby_dooby

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 04:49 PM

let it reboot over night, you don't really wanna be hotswapping over and over again, fuckin around.

try the dvd rom thing, it's a much more reliable method, no screwin around.

and it doesn't mean anything when the PC detects it or not, doesn't really matter either way

#6 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 08:30 PM

hold both L & R triggers to get out of clock loop...

#7 ricard_laurent

ricard_laurent

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 09:02 PM

Just unplug your DVD power cable, it will send you straight to the Screen of Death, which luckyly unlocks the HD. wink.gif

#8 ^ChRoniC^

^ChRoniC^

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 09:10 PM

okey the hotswap method wuz not werkin 4 me. luckily i found"prayed really hard" the key to unlock. now i jus need to del a few files from the xboxhdd. but i cant access the dir's to del files?any ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users