• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 acidskater

acidskater

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:xbox, xbox, xbox, xbox, xbox, xbox, xbox, skateboaring and oh yea xbox

Posted 22 August 2003 - 01:37 AM

ok i got everything setup on my xbox now it wont fuckin ftp i set the ip address on my xbox then went to flashfxp and typed it in and it doesnt find any thing i have my xbox hooked through a hub to my comptuer what should i do what am i doing wrong could someone please help me

#2 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 August 2003 - 01:48 AM

post details and we'll get it workin lic d split...
details such as
network section of evox.ini
ipconfig from pc
verify hardware and correct cables...
can you ping the xbox...

#3 ceez

ceez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 01:51 AM

what is the ip address on your pc? if you're using xp go to run and type cmd. Then type ipconfig at the dos prompt. it will give you 192.168.x.x or maybe another number. Your pc must be in the same range as your box. I think there's a tut somewhere for that.

#4 acidskater

acidskater

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:xbox, xbox, xbox, xbox, xbox, xbox, xbox, skateboaring and oh yea xbox

Posted 22 August 2003 - 02:19 AM

ok i have win 98 my xbox doesnt have a static ip its ip address is 192.168.0.1 its default dateway is 192.168.0.2 i typed in ipconfiog in dos and it said my ip is 66.27.x.xxx and my default gateway is 66.27.x.1

#5 race7

race7

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 02:43 AM

Don't feel bad if you haven't gotten it yet. It took me all day to get mine to work. Finally figured it out. I use FlashXP with a cross over cable and an additional network card just for my xbox so I don't have to keep changing the IP address for my home network (two other computers) and I can browse with them on my cable modem. Here's the deal. This works every time. Whatever your xbox IP address is -- mine is 169.254.105.247 -- set your computer one number higher -- mine is 169.254.105.248. Subnet mask is the same 255.255.255.0 on both. User name is xbox Password is xbox.
I also have to disable my firewall in order to FTP. I use Zone Alarm firewall. Won't FTP with that on even though I set it to allow for that network card and IP address. Go figure. Really cool when you can network to your xbox.

#6 acidskater

acidskater

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 02:50 AM

ok well how do i change my ip also im thinkin about jusst using slayer auto insxtaller do they have it at the xbins ftp if so what folder i cant find it

#7 race7

race7

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 03:03 AM

OK Start--Settings--Control Panel -- Network-- highlight TCPIP --- go into properties --- choose the radio dot for use the following IP address -- type in the address that is one number higher than your xbox. Click apply and ok then open your ftp program and type in the IP address for Your XBOX not your computer -- remember user name and password is xbox. And don't make me come over there and do it for you. You can do this. Trust me. It is frustrating though. Remember to turn off your firewall if you have one.

#8 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 01:57 PM

try following this too: HERE.

this is of cousre once you set both on the same subnet you can easily switch from your 67.xx ip to an internal that communicates with the xbox.

#9 acidskater

acidskater

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 05:23 PM

ok i changed my computers ip to 192.168.0.1 and tried to log on and it still doesnt find anything i think im just goin to use a slayer but its so fing frustrating because they dont have them at xbins and ive searched every were and theres no download sites it really shitty so i guess im gonna have to keep tryin ftp so any help would be great

#10 race7

race7

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 07:27 PM

Why did you change your computer's IP address to the same as your xbox? Did you read my earlier reply? Your computer has to be ONE NUMBER HIGHER or it won't find it. Do it right and it will work.

#11 zhaka

zhaka

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Modding, Hacking, Halo
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 August 2003 - 08:48 PM

Im using Windows 2000. I cant connect either. My xbox's IP is 192.168.2.4 and my default gateway is 192.168.2.1. My comps IP is 66.32.66.127. I tried going into Start> Settings > Control Panel, but when I go into control panel, I don't see a folder called Network. I see one called Network and Dial-Up Connections, but even after I go into that one, I don't see anything called TCP/IP...see for yourself:

My Control Panel:
[img]
http://kevin.thomas.net/Folder1.gif[/img]

My Network and Dial-Up Folder:
user posted image

Do I need to change my WinPoet (DSL) Connection's IP or something else and if I need to change my WinPoets IP, how? So do I just need to change my DSL's IP to ONE HIGHER than that of my Xbox's, and then connect using FlashFXP?

Edited by zhaka, 23 August 2003 - 08:48 PM.

#12 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 08:53 PM

acidskater: if your xbox ip was 192.168.0.1 then you can't make your computer 192.168.0.1
make your computer like 192.168.0.3 and try.

#13 race7

race7

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 08:56 PM

Right click on you active LAN connection -- left click on "properties" Left click on Internet Protocol so it is highlighed and then left click properties. There it is. Change the setting to use the following IP address and type in your address one number higher than your xbox. Click apply and ok out of there.

#14 zhaka

zhaka

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Modding, Hacking, Halo
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 August 2003 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (race7 @ Aug 23 2003, 10:56 PM)
Right click on you active LAN connection -- left click on "properties" Left click on Internet Protocol so it is highlighed and then left click properties. There it is. Change the setting to use the following IP address and type in your address one number higher than your xbox. Click apply and ok out of there.

Active LAN? Where did you see that?
Internet Options?

#15 race7

race7

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 09:14 PM

Network and Dial UP connections. It's the one that says "Local Area Network without the red "X" through it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users