• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JoshJester420

JoshJester420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 06:26 AM

I was wondering how you fit Shenmue 2 on a Blank DVD for backup, anyone know what files can be deleted or removed ? The game is 4.88 gigs and record now max shows my blank dvd's hold 4.48. Any info would be appreaciated

Thank You

#2 rob1309

rob1309

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 August 2003 - 06:46 AM

u don't fit it smile.gif
anyways yea check for movies and shit that are in diff language than that of your choice cuz lots of games have multiple vids of same thing cept the language, deleting em will work as long as u have lang set to whatev u didn't delete
also can downsample vids if need be but surely not

[edit] if game has any videos/demos from other games, just feel free to delete those also as they won't harm backup cept u cant view/play what u delete of course lol

Edited by rob1309, 22 August 2003 - 06:47 AM.

#3 JoshJester420

JoshJester420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 07:07 AM

I've tried looking through it, but not have found anything like that to remove, no mulit lang. clips or demos.

#4 Flagg3

Flagg3

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 03:05 PM

If there are any FMV clips you can shrink them down to a lower bitrate and higher compression level to conserve space. That's the most common way to 'rip' a game to fit on a smaller medium.

As for how to do it, if they are BIK files it's easy with the free tools from Bink. If they are XMV files I'm not sure how you would do it.

In a pinch you could always replace a very large movie file (LIke the intro) with a smaller one (Like a cutscene). If you don't mind the movie making absolutely no sense, it's quick and easy to do.

Flagg

#5 rob1309

rob1309

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 August 2003 - 06:32 PM

unless of course its like head hunter on dreamcast which has 1 known video checksum thingy and if it's wrong or gone, no more playing, u stuck there forever

#6 JoshJester420

JoshJester420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 08:21 PM

Well i found the brute of it, there's a Scene foulder that's 4 gig's and then the rest is small. In the scene foulder it's broken into 4 foulders, i'm guessing Like where the dream cast is 4 cd's for the game. Do you think if i broke these in to 2 blank dvd's. Just put everything and 2 of these scene foulders on each dvd. Do you think this might work, i'm kinda sceptical myself. Thinking when i get to that part of the game it might not know whats going on and just cr*p out.

#7 dumlaox

dumlaox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 07:03 AM

Best way to fit this on a DVD-R is to find the emulaed games in it. Shenmue 2 had a few emulated Sega arcade games such as After Burner 2 and Space Harrier that you could play. What I found is that those games have their music set in .wav files. By replacing the large .wav files with the smaller ones in the game, you can reduce the game from 4.88 to around 4.24.

If you never plan on playing those arcade games in Shenmue 2, then you'll miss nothing, if you do, you might not notice a difference.

And if you REALLY want arcade perfect versions of those games, there's always MAME tongue.gif

#8 pdpshaggy

pdpshaggy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 18 September 2003 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (dumlaox @ Aug 23 2003, 09:03 AM)
Best way to fit this on a DVD-R is to find the emulaed games in it. Shenmue 2 had a few emulated Sega arcade games such as After Burner 2 and Space Harrier that you could play. What I found is that those games have their music set in .wav files. By replacing the large .wav files with the smaller ones in the game, you can reduce the game from 4.88 to around 4.24.

If you never plan on playing those arcade games in Shenmue 2, then you'll miss nothing, if you do, you might not notice a difference.

And if you REALLY want arcade perfect versions of those games, there's always MAME tongue.gif

just want to give thanks to dumlaox for his advise. worked like a charm.

#9 JoshJester420

JoshJester420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 10:30 PM

Thank You dumlaox, Deffenatly good info. Worked well biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users